Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Admiral

Default grocery store

We are flying into Orlando in August.
Is there a grocery store near airport,to buy soda to take on ship.
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2002, 07:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: grocery store

No, the port is all by itself accept for parking lots. The best bet would be to either to purchase your soda at your first port or bring some with you in an extra suitcase. The alternative is the Soda Card for kids and adults if they have your special soda available; coke products I believe by the glass only and not available at all bars.
Bon Voyage
Old May 6th, 2002, 08:05 AM
niecie

If when you get to Orlando International Airport, you go out to State Rd. 436 or Semoran Blvd., you will find several large grocery stores and a few discount stores. Go North on Semoran for a few miles...then after purchase, re-trace your steps to head back to the Bee-line and once on the Bee-line, head west to Cape Canaveral where I am guessing your ship is docked.
Old May 6th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Jerry & Ginny

If you're driving from OIA, you'll be taking the Bee-line to Port Canaveral anyway, so if you don't want to mess around with Orlando traffic near the airport (it's a mess), take the Bee-line east toward Port Canaveral. After you cross I-95, you'll come to State Rt 3...turn right on SR 3 going south toward Merritt Island, and you'll find stores all along there.
Then re-trace your path back up to the Bee Line (SR-528) turn right, and you'll start to see the signs for the Port...stay in the right lane...you'll exit to the right, and then make a loop around into the terminal area.
Bon Voyage
J&G
Old May 6th, 2002, 04:08 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: grocery store

We will be be flying into MCO ORLANDO and Staying in the Marriet Orlando Aipport hotel. What is closet way to buy soda and what is cheapest way to get there and back since we will not be driving.
Old May 6th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Jerry & Ginny

Cindy-
Neither MCO or Port Canaveral is within walking distance of a grocery/convenience store. MCO, and the neighboring motels are a lot closer than Port Canaveral, which is pretty much out of the way.
What I'd recommend is that you either place an order with a taxi company to purchase the soda, and deliver it to you at your motel...worst case you'd have to pay the equivalent of a trip from the store to the motel, the cost of the soda, and a nominal tip.
The other option would be to have a cab pick you up at the motel, take you to the nearest convenience store, wait for you there, and then return you to the motel. I believe that there are convenience stores fairly close to the entrance to MCO, but that area is not pedestrian friendly at all. I'd try to work a deal with a taxi...there's lots of them in that area because they all swarm around MCO.
Right now, the going price on Pepsi products is around $3/12 pack, and Coke is around $3.79. Eckerds and Walgreens (drug stores) seem to have the best sales on both when it's on sale (usually 3 for $7). Generally, convenience store prices will be the same as if not a little less than grocery stores for soda.
Hope this helps...Bon Voyage..
Jerry & Ginny
Old May 7th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Jerry & Ginny

Default Re: Re: Re: grocery store

Hi Cindy-
I had chance to do a little more research, and here's what I found out. The Marriott Airport is on Augusta National Drive, which is off Bent Pine Drive. Bent Pine Drive runs off Semoran Boulevard, which is also the main entrance into OIA.
With that said, go the the website for 7-Eleven (www.7-Eleven.com) and do the store locator. Look up the map for the store located at 5703 S.Semoran Blvd (Orlando, FL 32822). The store is located between Bent Pine Drive (where you'll be staying), and Leevista Boulevard (the next street to the south-toward OIA). You'll be a mile or so away from the airport, so you'll be away from some of the congestion; also, you'll be going right past the 7-eleven getting to your motel. Thus if you're travelling by taxi or shuttle, you might be able to stop on your way from the airport to the motel. Otherwise, you should be able to see where it is and decide what will work best for you to get to the store (walk/taxi).
Hope this helps.
J&G