CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Bottled Water (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/188234-bottled-water.html)

Ellen May 7th, 2002 06:01 AM

Bottled Water

Are you allowed to bring bottled water with you onboard. How much do they charge for it or is it included with soft drinks when you purchase a Fountain Fun card

Gaines May 7th, 2002 06:57 AM

Re: Bottled Water

I am sure that if you pack it in your check-in bags it will get in ok. We plan to do just that in June. I believe they charge $2.50-$3.00 a bottle and it is not included with the soft drink card to my knowledge.

cruiser May 7th, 2002 09:34 AM

Ellen,

We went on the Pride in April and saw a couple with a dolley taking 2 cases of diet coke and a case of water on. They seemed to have no problem getting on with it. The water is 1.95 for a 12 oz bottle and 3 - 3:50 for a larger one. We drank the water from the lido deck. They have water fountains and ice machines set up and we just filled up cups and took them back to our room. I also don't think that you will have any problem putting some in your luggage.

Have a good trip!

Thomas May 7th, 2002 10:35 AM

It is not included in the soft drinks. We brought some on board with us which we went through pretty quick. The bottle of water supplied in the cabin (1 litre, I think) was $3.75. At that price, we drank tap water which was o.k.

Regards,
Thomas

Nanatravel May 7th, 2002 10:44 AM

You can bring or buy your own bottled water on board ($1.75 to $3.50). I happen to prefer sparkling water. When questioned upon re-Boarding at St. Thomas about what I had in the bag, I merely replied that I had water and there were no questions asked. At St. Thomas, there is a grocery store about 2 blocks from Havensight that sells many brands of water. There is also a drug store at Havensight, but they don't sell sparkling water anymore.
Bon Voyage

nieciez May 7th, 2002 10:50 AM

We carried 6 liter bottles of water and a case of Diet Coke onboard Destiny with no problem.

Charlene Hempler May 7th, 2002 05:13 PM

Hi, I just got home last night from the Inspiration. Had a wonderful time. i did see people buying cases of water in the terminal and taking it on board. Water is anywhere from $2 to $3.50. depending on the size. Not included in the soda card. Have a great one>> Char

Jennifer77 May 9th, 2002 08:02 PM

Are we allowed to take a ice chest with gallons of water? It's just I have an infant who drinks alot of water. I too drink alot of water and I was planning on taking about three gallons in an ice chest. Will they allow this or not?