Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2002, 06:19 PM
WillaT

Default Eastern Caribbean on Pride

My husband and I will be sailing on the Pride Nov 16th. Has anyone done the eastern Carribbean. We would love some highlights and excursion ideas. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2002, 06:49 PM
Southern Sailor

Default Re: Eastern Caribbean on Pride

I will be going on the Pride June 1st Eastern Car. I have read a lot of reviews on this and
other boards. Based on what I have read from others this is what we plan to do and I'll
let you know in a review what it was like.

Beach time at Half Moon Cay

St Thomas: We will do the Trunk Bay Snorkel tour. Trunk Bay is one of the best snorkel
spots in the world and has had rave reviews. While traveling to St. John, we will be
able to see some of the island. There is still about 2 hours left after the
tour to shop some in St. Thomas. I want to make the most of these 2 islands.
1.sight seeing, 2. beach, 3. shopping

St. Maarten: We are doing the 2 hr island tour. We see both ends of the island. After the tour, in Philipsburgh, we will eat at Everything Cool and spend the rest of the time at the
beach there. It is a popular spot to eat, buy cheap drinks and enjoy music and beach.
1. sight seeing, 2. beach, 3. shopping if we want in Philipsburgh

Our family doesn't cruise often, so it won't be any time soon that we will be going to the
Eastern Car. That is why I have chosen these tours.
Look for my review some time in June!
Old May 20th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Karon

Default Re: Re: Eastern Caribbean on Pride

I will be on Carnival Victory in July - same islands...do want to read your review because I plan to do the same ....please e-mail me with your thoughts..truly appreciate it. Kar-
Old May 20th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Admiral

Teh Eastern Caribbean is a very relaxing cruise with plenty of days at sea to discover and enjoy all the ship has to offer. I am sure you will have a great beach day at Half Moon Cay. St. Thomas has Maegan's Bay, Sapphire Beach, Mountain Top or a ferry or tour to St. John is a great way to spend the day plus of course the obligatory shopping spree. However, you may wish to save a little on your credit line by shopping at St. Martin. Orient Bay or Dawn beach are lovely for the beach comber. Orient can include a lunch too. The America's cup Regatta is supposed to be a great tour, too.
Bon Voyage
Old May 21st, 2002, 11:16 AM
Passenger

At St. Thomas, if you want to see an absolutely breathtaking view, take the Paradise Point Tramway (which is actually a gondola) to the top of the mountain. It is right there at the port. If you buy the tickets on the ship they are only $12.00, but if you buy them at Paradise Point, they are $15.00. Also, be aware that if you have any kind of handicap or disability, there are tons and tons and tons and tons of steps you have to take to get to and from the gondolas. But it is a very beautiful view from the top, and there are a few shops and a place to get some light snacks and beverages while you are sitting up there taking in the scenery!! It's also a great place to get a beautiful shot of all the cruise ships sitting in port!!

Sensation ~ 4/99
Oceanic ~ 3/98
Atlantic ~ 3/95
Atlantic ~ 9/92

"I have a caribbean soul that I can barely control"...
as sung by Jimmy Buffett.