Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2002, 01:47 PM
Robin Schwartz

Default Paradise w/ young children

We are considering going on the Paradise 9/1 sailing. Our children will be 2 1/2 and 4 1/2. Has anyone had any experiences with Camp Carnvial with kids this young? We did the Disney Magic last year. Since Carnival takes 2 yr olds in their program, we think the kids will enjoy this more than Disney since they can play together. I'm just a little nervous since I've seen many unflattering things written about Carnival in general. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Paradise w/ young children

I worked on the deaz paradise as part of the cruise staff about 13 months ago. I was on board for about 6-7 months. I would reccomend that you cruise disney. I have cruised on disney before. They are more geared towards children. Good Luck.....have FUN!!!

BRIAN
Old May 24th, 2002, 09:54 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Paradise w/ young children

We cruised on the Paradise when our boys were 1 1/2 and 3 2years ago. We had a great time! We went a bit off season, so there were less kids on board, but we still had a nice time. It doesn't matter how "geared" a cruiseline is toward children if the children can't be in the program!!!! Carnival includes 2yos in the program and changes diapers. Children younger than 2 can also be in the group babysitting and enjoy the play equipment.

We were on the Explorer on April 20 cruise this year. Our boys are both now over 3 and fully potty trained, so fully able to participate. There were MANY children on board that were too young or not trained so unable to participate. One mother that I spoke to had a 4 yo and 1 1/2 yo. When she dropped the 4yo off and the younger one saw the ball pit, she said he cried for about an hour not being able to play in it. He also kept saying "ball ball" the rest of the night.

Carnival will welcome both your children with open arms. The staff I've found to be particularly child friendly (although never had a problem on any other line either). Paradise is not a party ship by ANY stretch of the imagination. For our cruise, the boarding area looked like the lobby of the sun city seniors center since most of the passengers were older. The ship was pretty quiet after 10. Again, we went off season, so less families than normal given the school calendar were on board. Its a nice ship to be on, I wouldn't hesitate to go on it again, and its terrific not gagging from the smoke in the cassino or other public areas.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cindy
Old May 27th, 2002, 10:58 PM
Sue Sue

Default Re: Paradise w/ young children

I have been on the Paradise 3 times. And although I do not have small children, I was very impressed with the Camp Carnival program. What I observed was a very well behaved and monitored group of kids. They get involved with groups in and around the ship. Scavanger hunts, pizza parties, dancing, games. Also, I believe the climate of the ship is very good for children as it is a bit more laid back and relaxed. Of course there is plenty for everyone to do, however, the pace is just a little slower. And, it goes without saying much... NON SMOKING. It's a good thing! (For everyone, and especially our little peoples lungs) Give it a try and get hooked on the Paradise!!!