Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2002, 08:43 PM
Passenger

Default Cash or Credit card?

We just got our documents in and it only has a place for a credit card when checking in. What if we plan on using cash? How do we check in and is there an amount required? Ellen.
'till we sail the Inspiration.
Sponsored Links
Old June 8th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cash or Credit card?

Ellen, when you board just inform them that your are going to use cash as your deposit for your sail & sign card. You will need to activate your account at the Pursers desk immediately after you board or your cards will not work. Most people place a minimum of $200 but I would suggest a higher amount unless you plane on really watching your charges and placing more down when you get close to the amount of deposit. This is why so many use a credit card, it is just easier and you can still pay it off immedately when you get home if you have one.
Jim

Old June 10th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Cash or Credit card?

What alot of people do is put down the credit card at check in (to avoid standing in the cash deposit line after standing in the check in line) and then just pay off the balance in cash or travelers checks at the end of the cruise. They only charge the credit card once at the end of the trip so if there is no balance to charge there is nothing to hit your credit card.

It also can save the hassel of having to put down more cash in order to purchase something. They will not let you charge past your deposit amount with a cash account so a purchase can be denied until you put down more $$.
Old June 11th, 2002, 11:24 PM
Charlene Hempler

Default Re: Re: Re: Cash or Credit card?

Hi, We always use cash. We put $200 per person in our account and have money back by the end. We are not big drinkers but we each have a couple a day (my husband and I) We buy souveniors on the ship and we buy our share of pics taken by the photographers. Also I have never waited in line yet more then 3 minutes. We just came off the Inspiration May 6th. It is a wonderful ship . You will all love her. Have a Ball! Char