Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2002, 12:42 PM
Beginner

Default Which St. John's. V. I. Excursion?

My wife and I are taking our 13 year old son and 9 year old daughter on the Destiny next week. The current plan is to take two excusions. St. Thomas & Barbados. We went on our Honeymoon to St. Thomas 17 years ago. We stayed at what is now the Renaissance (formerly the Virgin Grand). We would like to stop at this hotel which is near Coki Beach. We also would like to see Magan's Bay from above. We would like to go on a St. John's excursion. The excursion choices are Five Star St. John & Trunk Bay, St. John Trunk Bay Beach & Snorkel. We also need to squeeze in some Charlotte Amalie shopping for my wife. My idea is to try and do the St. Thomas stuff first and do the St. John's excursion later because Carnival guarantees we will get back on the ship.
Is this do-able?
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2002, 02:48 PM
Southern Sailor

Default Re: Which St. John's. V. I. Excursion?

We just returned from Pride June 1st Eastern itenerary. I'm so jealous of those still looking forward to theirs. When we were in St. Thomas we wanted to make the most of the stop. We shopped in the morning. We took a taxi van to the downtown area to shop. It was crowded because 3 ships were in. The prices were good. A lot of the stores employees were standing outside their shops yelling discounts and "come shop here" . It was a very busy place. The weather was very overcast so we didn't go up to Paradise Point to view the bay. Although we would have had time to do that. Then, we went back to the ship to eat and get ready for the 5 star St. John Trunk Bay snorkel tour. It was great. We boarded the Leland Sneed boat 115ft. and the guide entertained us with info about the sights we were seeing on the island and other islands we were passing. We got to Trunk Bay and docked off shore from the beach. They had all the snorkel equipment on board. Even with overcast skies, the snorkeling was terrific. There is a reef that you swim out to. You can also swim or take a little motorized raft to the beach. We mostly stayed near the reef where all the beautiful fish and reef life were. We stayed 1.5 hours which was enough because it can get tiring. Then we headed back to St. Thomas and heard some more entertaining commentary about the islands. It made for great sightseeing. It was a great port stop, shopping, sightseeing and snorkeling. I talked to people on the cruise who took the other St. John Trunk Bay tour. They loved it as well. They took a ferry over to St. John then had a nice land ride around the island with a guide explaining a lot. They snorkeled right off the beach and had to swim to a reef. Their tour was separated from ours by bouys. In other words, 5 star is in one area and the other tour is in another separate area even on the beach. We had a 6 and 10 yr old with us and they loved this tour and snorkeled quite well.