Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2002, 03:38 PM
psailing

Default credit cards

I have a question about putting a credit card down instead of cash. We are leaving out of New Orleans on the Holiday next Monday 6/17/02. I think we are going to put a credit card down do we have to pay the credit card off before we exit the ship or do we wait until we get our credit card statement?? I know this probably sounds like a crazy question, but I thought I read were it has to be pd off before you leave the ship.

Thanks for any help!!
Sponsored Links
Old June 10th, 2002, 03:48 PM
First Mate

Default Re: credit cards

You get the bill in the mail. But, remember, keep an eye on your balance otherwise you could be in for a big surprise when the ol' Visa bill arrives. My last Carnival Cruise I had a $900 bill for 3 of us and we aren't extravagant! Have fun. I'm taking the same one on July 21st.
Old June 10th, 2002, 06:29 PM
First Mate

On the Paradise...they would not take cash....look into this possibility. You pay the bill when you get your statement..but as Julie said...check it over carefully.

Jamie
Old June 10th, 2002, 09:06 PM
Admiral

They will always accept cash as a deposit for your sail and sign card. It is just easier to use a credit card.
Jim

Old June 11th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Admiral

You will receive a statement of your charges under your cabin door by the last morning of your cruise. Do check it over. You can also check it during the week from time to time on the interactive TV. You may leave the charges on your credit card and wait for your bank bill to come in and pay your bank directly. Which is the easiest and most convenient way or you can go to the pursors desk on the last morning, stand in line with others and pay the balance in cash. It is up to you. Using a CC is the best way so you don't have to worry about cash.
Bon Voyage.
Old June 11th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: credit cards

If you want to pay off some or all of the balance with cash you can, but you don't have to. You can put up the credit card at the check-in process and then just wait until your credit card bill comes. They will charge the credit card for your purchases on the last day of the cruise.

If we have cash or travelers checks left over at the end of the cruise we try to pay down the balance on the sign and sail card but that is totally up to you.
Old June 11th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Hi, psailing ...

You may have what I call the "sail and spend" card confused with your regular credit card which you use to back up what you spend on board.

You have to pay off the "sail and spend" -- with your credit card or cash -- before leaving the ship.

With a credit card, no thing ... it goes straight to the issuing bank. However, if you go over your limit you will have a little visit with the Purser's office.

Paying with cash is a hassle.

Best deal (a little late for you now) is to open a new card with a zero interest (or low interest) introductory offer.