Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Yeoman

Default Margaritaville

Hi anyone been to margaritaville in jamicai? It looks like a blast. Would it be okay to bring my 12 yr old son. Just want it to be kid okay atmosphere. I would love to see some pictures if anyone has some. Anyone know how far it is from port? Going on Paradise August 11th. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2002, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1
Default Re: Margaritaville

Was there last month. There were some kids there and they looked as if having fun. Beach front, Big pool with water slide, swim up bar, hot tub upstairs, DJ all day, conga line, ask for the whistles. The most fun I have ever had in Jamacia and only a very very short walk from pier.

This is a must do while there.

Jodi

Old June 13th, 2002, 09:52 AM
Passenger

We were at Margaritaville last July, with 12 year old son and 14 year old daughter. We all had a blast! Music is great, atmosphere is wild! Water trampolines, 110 ft. water slide. Great food and drinks! Have fun!
Old June 13th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Lorrie,
Are you talking about the Margaritaville in Ocho Rios? That one has been open only since Feb 02. There are 2 others in Jamacia, but Ocho Rios is the only one convienent for ship guests.
Jodi

Old June 25th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Passenger

we took a taxi from the ship to the one in mobay, not far at all and you could see the ship from margaritaville ..

yes, the best part of my jamacia stop
Old June 26th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Gaines

We were there last Friday, saw Margaritaville and really was not impressed. Ok, it is a beach area, a small beach area. They have a trampoline, ok, now what? There are bars....ok, and some food is available. Yes, it is something to do in Jamaica besides taking some excursion, but there is nothing that you can do there that you cannot do on the ship except jump on a trampoline. We all scuba dive and dove in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. We would have liked to dive in Jamaica as well, but they have managed to kill off all the major reefs there so there is nothing to really see. So we went on an excursion into the heartland of Jamaica, and went by the major land resorts, Sandals, Beaches, etc. There was so much security outside these places they more resembled prisons than resorts. On our excursion, I tipped my guide $10 for an hours work, which I thought was generous and he acted as if I had stiffed him! He copped an attitude and just turned his back on me and walked away. I have been to Jamaica twice now, and granted, the locals were not as pushy this time around, and we were not offered drugs at every turn, but I will avoid going there again in the future. Yes, the island is pretty, but the people and the atmosphere do not make it a fun place to be.