Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2002, 06:09 AM
Passenger

Default Destiny condition

Does anyone know when the Destiny was refurbished last? We were on the ship in 1999 and were suprised at how bad of shape the ship was in. Stained carpets, burns in bedspreads, holes in walls, etc. We are considering going again since we like the Southern Caribbean itinerary but not if the ship has not been refurbished lately.

Thanks for any info in advance.

Dennis
Sponsored Links
Old June 19th, 2002, 09:21 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Destiny condition

The Destiny was in great shape last month. I believe I heard she was refurbished about a year ago. Some of that stuff is inevitable. People are not careful with cigarettes and boom the brand new bedspread and carpet is burnt and ashy.

I noticed no holes in the wall or overstained carpet. There were a few stains here and there but that happens when 3000+ people walk all over it 24/7.
Old June 19th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Destiny condition

All of CCL ships go through major re-furbishment about every two or three years. They also have an ongoing maintainance program to continuously repair problems as they arise. I have never seen holes in the walls, (bulkheads), of any ship but have to believe that if you did, it was very new as this would come under immediate repair.
Jim

Old June 20th, 2002, 11:11 AM
NJmatt

Default Re: Re: Destiny condition

A friend of mine went on the Victory last year out of New York as we were on it the first year of service when it did Canada and he said the ship was in " rough" shape especially the elevators as he said passengers can do what he called "self assist"by bringing their own suitcases on board and said some of the brass railings were in bad shape.