Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2002, 01:37 AM
DeniseToAlaska

Default Skipper's Club?

Has anyone ever utilized it, and what does it entail? It's the one for Category 11-12 passengers.

The Carnival rep on the phone said you never have to wait in lines, but I'm not sure what lines you would wait in anyways, besides embarking. She also said they get priority room service, but didn't know much else.

Any info?

Denise
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2002, 08:52 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Skipper's Club?

Yes, you do get a few little "perks" as far as lines go. You are taken over to a certain sitting area and are the first group to board, you also have an individual take you directly to your room and make sure all is ok . Also we found that you are ushered to your table for dinner without having to wait in the long lines.......now that was almost worth it We also were off the ship earlier.......so just a few little things. But overall, I feel everyone is pretty much treated the same.. (which is great)

we're in the skipper's club on the pride next week, I'll let you know when we get back if there are any more little perks I may have missed.
Old June 22nd, 2002, 08:41 PM
DeniseToAlaska

Default Re: Re: Skipper's Club?

Well, I called Carnival and there is no Skipper's Club in Alaska. Oh well! We'll still have the fabulous room.

Denise
Old June 23rd, 2002, 12:06 AM
Cynthia

Default Re: Re: Re: Skipper's Club?

Denise,
Did you get the wraparound balcony Cat 11 on the very aft on the Spirit?? Its a HUMUNGEOUS room with HUMUNGEOUS balcony for the same price as the regular Cat 11. If not, see if you can get it, its worth it, even for a step down from a Cat 12. Look on the brochure, its the very aft on the Sides and you can see the wrap-around balcony from the brochure. I think its pretty much on all decks with Cat 11s. If you have any questions about this room, feel free to email me.

Cynthia
Old June 23rd, 2002, 12:47 AM
DeniseToAlaska

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Skipper's Club?

No, I originally booked a 9a but was upgraded to a 12 at the last minute. We sail the 26th. So this is a huge and unexpected bump up from icruise.com.

Did you sail on an 11? If so, what perks did you get?

Thanks!

Denise
Old June 28th, 2002, 08:50 AM
Coconut

Default Re: Skipper's Club?

We are sailing on 9-2 in cat 12. I will let you know of any perks sailing from Tampa on the Sensation.
Old July 2nd, 2002, 09:33 AM
poison ivy

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Skipper's Club?

I am wondering if any one has ever booked the cabin #716 on the MsNoordam. They claim it to be 255sq ft. Is it true. We booked it the the 14nt tampa-tampa on the 02 /02/03 and like to throw in cabin "martooie parties" a few times a trip and are hoping the cabin is as large as they say. And about the "skippers club" what is it and how do you join? thanks .....