Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Legend

Hey everyone,
There is a pretty good sized group of people that are going to be on the Carnival Legend Trans-Atlantic cruise this September 5th and I am trying to gather everyone up that is going for the sharing of information. Please let me know if you are also scheduled for this very first Carnival Trans-Atlantic cruise! I have lots of information to share and actually hope to have a gathering of people booked for some great realtime planning.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old June 30th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Carnival Legend

My wife and I are booked on this cruise. We're flying to London from Atlanta on Sun. 9/1/02. Would be interested in sharing information.
Old June 30th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Passenger

Hi,
I am not scheduled to go on this cruise but on the Legen in July 2003 out of NY.

I would love to hear any information on this and pictures of the inside.

Thanks
Old July 1st, 2002, 08:19 AM
Beginner

Thought I'd kick this topic off with some of the things I've found out so far. Was able to save approx. $500 (for two) on airfare by making my own arrangements rather than using Carnival. Used a cosolidator for one way airfare from Atlanta to London.($732 for two). Will be flying on Air Canada ,dep. ATL 6pm Sun. 9/1,arr LHR 10am Mon. 9/2.Booked my return from NY with Airtran ($195 for two) dep LGA 1pm on 9/20.
Plan on taking the Heathrow Express Train from the airport to the Paddington Rail station in central London. Have booked a room for 3 nights at the Norfolk Towers Hotel.
This Hotel is just a two minute walk from the Paddington Station. This is a 3 star Hotel. Rack rate is 120 LBS/ngt,found an internet special for 55 LBS/ngt including VAT,Svc Chg,
and cont. brkfst. On Thur. 9/5 will take a connector train from the Paddington Station to the Liverpool Street train station then a special Cruise Ship train from the Liverpool St Sation directly to the cruise terminal at Harwich International Port arriving approx 1:30 pm. Still looking into sightseeing in London and our ports of call.
John and Peggy
Old July 5th, 2002, 08:37 AM
Beginner

Where are all the 9/5 Legend Cruisers? I know the ship is all but sold out. I also noticed that Carnival has added a 3 day cruise ahead of our sailing in addition to the one northern european trip that had been planned. Thats good news because it probably means that the shipyard has given Carnival a firm committment for an early delivery.
John & Peggy
Old July 5th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Anniel

We will be on the Carnival Legend with you. We live in london so will drive to Harwich to pick up the ship. I was contacted by Rick, who had been surfing all cruise sites and he set up an email address so we could all share info. The email address we write to is

95Legend@cox.net

When and if you want to hook up with the group the subject line must contain Legend Group so it is clear when Rick sorts out all the emails that come in to him. There has been some lively mails with people helping each other out.

Just thought I would mention this group.

Cheers
Anniel