Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 4th, 2002, 08:57 PM
Passenger

Default Check in for non US citizens

Hello everybody, I hope some of you would be able to answer my question. I am a resident alien of the US (I am mexican) and will be sailing in july on the pride. I am holding a valid mexican passport and my green card to board, as well as my social security card. Is checking in easy for non US citizens like me nowadays? Also, I know that there is a different lineto check in for non US citizens people like me, but my husband IS a US citizen, can he check in with me in the non US citizens line? We just want do it together since we are married, he has a passport. Does anyone know if I need visas for the bahamas and saint maarteen? I've been investigating and so far I don't (for being a US resident and a national of Mexico) but it would really help to know your opinions. Thanks a lot!
Edith Acapulco, Mex.
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2002, 11:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Check in for non US citizens

Edith,
I'm Canadian, and haven't encountered seperate "alien" check in counters for a couple of years. That used to be the case, but doesn't seem to be anymore.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 6th, 2002, 01:58 PM
Admiral

My wife is British and I am US. We sailed the Pride this past April and we both checked in at the non-US resident line. No probs at all. We have been to both places you mentioned and Deb did not need a visa. Have fun.....Pride is a beautiful ship......and a night of dining at Davids was great.

Old July 13th, 2002, 05:34 PM
Sue Sue

My son's girl traveled with us in March on the Paradise when she was still had her Phillipino citzenzship and US alien status. She checked in with us without a problem. The only difference was at the end of the cruise on the morning of debarkation. She had to report to the Normandie lounge to be processed through customs. Theyship persnonell only allowed the folks with alien status into the room during this time. It was painless. (Ironically, that was the last time she will need to go through this as the following morning she sat for her citizenship test and she also recently took her oath. It was very exciting. ) You will have no problems with your paperwork in order.