Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2002, 07:04 PM
Passenger

Default Can't decide

My wife and I want to take a short cruise 3/4 nights. We can't decide which ship. We we were thinking about the Fantasy but isn't that an older ship?

What is the newest one of the ones that do the shorter cruises? We know we won't get the best ship on the short ones but want something that isn't a tank.

Any advice would help

Bob
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2002, 08:07 PM
TomS

Default Re: Can't decide

The Fantasy isn't really that old. While she is the fourth oldest ship sailing for Carnival today, she was launched in 1990. Right now, the youngest ship doing four day iteneraries is the Imagination (1995) offering four and five day sailings out of Tampa. As for 3 day iteneraries, only the Fantasy (1990), Facination (1994) and Ecstasy (1991) are the only ships in Carnival's fleet offering 3 day sailings. I would hesitate calling any of these ships "tanks" although they might be showing some wear and tear around the edges. These ships feature almost all the features on brand new ships, except maybe fewer balcony cabins. The Fantasy's blueprints were also used on the Facination, Ecstasy, Elation, Inspiration, Imagination, Sensation, and Paradise. The only difference between these ships is decor. You should have a great time on board any of these ships.
Old July 17th, 2002, 10:09 PM
DeniseToAlaska

Default Re: Can't decide

The Fantasy is actually rated pretty high for a Carnival line, as is the Ecstacy, which does 3 and 4-night Mexico runs from Los Angeles.

Carnival Victory has 2, 4 and 5 nights in 2003. Built in 1999. The 2-days are from NY, just 2 sea days. The 4's are NY-Halifax-NY. 5's NY, New Brunswick, Halifax, NY.

Other than that, Carnival seems to be steering towards longer trips now.

RCI's Majesty of the Seas does 3 and 4 nights out of Miami, and Monarch of the Seas and Enchantment of the Seas 4-5 from Ft. Lauderdale.