Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2002, 09:12 AM
Passenger

Default need Cabin info on "Spirit" class ship

Hi all, I have never sailed Carnival before and would like some suggestions on selecting a cabin. My brother and myself are taking my father on the Carnival Legend out of NYC next May. When I booked with Carnival, I requested a Cat 11 - wrap-around balcony at the rear of the ship. The agent told me these cabins don't accomodate three persons in a state room, but a Cat 11 mid-ship would. Looking at the deck plans, these rear ship staterooms look much larger than the same catagory mid-ship. I guess my question here is........would a Cat 11 mid-ship be a good choice for three grown men? Where does the third person sleep, is it a pull out sofa? Is it a roll-away bed, and if so, what is a roll-away bed? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Currently the Carnival agent has us booked in cabin 8271 which is near the rear of the ship.
Thanks, Steve S
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: need Cabin info on "Spirit" class ship

Hi SS,
You may want to check out this site and see if they show the cabin catagories you are looking at, I find it very helpful, good luck:

http://www.cruisestateroom.com/84793...hips-frame.htm

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 19th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Cynthia

Default Re: Re: need Cabin info on "Spirit" class ship

I just had a Cat 11 with the wraparound balcony. Yes, I could fit 3 adult men in that cabin easy. the couch does not pull out so one would have to be a little uncomfortable but I did see the other cat 11's and the ones with the wraparound are the best. Email me at samplecd@insightbb.com for more info if you want.

Cynthia
Old July 19th, 2002, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Steve,
Your agent is corret that the cabins with the wrap-around balconies is a double and does not have a third bunk. All these cat 11 cabins are the same size, the differance is in the sixe of the balcony. IMHO the cabin your agent booked you in has the smallest of any of the balconies available for that cat cabin. In addition you will experiance more motion and maybe even some minor vibrations from the engines in the rear not to mention more motion. I would think you would be better off with a midship cabin, of which there are thirteen configured for three people, which is BTW a bunk bed that folds down from the wall or overhead. That size cabin is very large and you will have plenty of room.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old July 19th, 2002, 11:30 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: need Cabin info on "Spirit" class ship

Donna, thanks for the link, what an awesome site!

One thing Carnival did tell me, the Legend will NOT have roll-away beds, so therefore the wrap-around balcony staterooms will only accomodate two.
Old July 19th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Passenger

Jim, thanks for the info, I was thinking the same thing with the cabin being in the rear of the ship. My father who is 72 has never cruised before, is already paranoid about getting motion sickness. Me and my brother keep telling him that he will be alright. You said there are thirteen cabins configured for three people, would you happen to know what the stateroom numbers are? Sorry to be such a bother, but I'm trying to make this a very memorable(in a possitive way) trip for my father. Since my mother passed away (they were married 51 years), he has been very depressed. He is a party animal at heart and I think a cruise would be right up his alley.
Old July 19th, 2002, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

The Cat 11's at the rear with wrap around balcs are much much bigger than the others. More privacy and would comfortably accomodate 3 people. I saw the one Cheryl and Tom had on the Pride and I would grab one if I was you.

Jodi

Old July 19th, 2002, 02:29 PM
Admiral

Do you have a Carnival brochure? The mid-ship Cat. 11 cabins would be on Empress deck from #6154 to 6203. Cabin 8271 is at the stern, but does not have the wrap around balcony. Mid-ship is always better if you have any concern about motion. Being on Panorama deck on the sister ship, Pride was great for us. You just walk up on deck for the Pools, Lido buffet, Spa, Gym, specialty restaurant, bars, etc. However, morning movement of lounge chairs could annoy you , but it only lasts for a few minutes and its time to get up anyway! Wish I could get my mom on a cruise!
Bon Voyage
Old July 20th, 2002, 08:13 PM
Admiral

Steve,
Those Cat 11's that hold three people are 6156, 6158, 6164, 6166, 6168, 6170, 6163, 6167, 6181, 6183, 6185, 6189, and 6195. 6103 has a convertable sofa and is also coinsidered a three person cabin. Those are all midship cabins. 6258 and 6327, 8266, and 8271 are also three person cabins but are in the aft part of the ship with narrower balconies.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old July 20th, 2002, 11:18 PM
Passenger

I'd like to thank you all for your advice, I had Carnival change my cabin assignment to 6164. I knew CruiseMates wouldn't let me down! Thanks again!
Old September 4th, 2002, 09:58 AM
bbiggar

SSeaman, have you sailed yet? We are booked in this suite on the Pride and was wondering a few things. How much headroom is there in the shower/tub? Any special amenities for this type of suite? Is there a laundry room nearby? If you sailed let me know how you liked the room and why. Thanks.