Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2002, 05:09 PM
Angela Peters

Default Water wallet

If someone can help me with this I'd appreciate it. I read somewhere,I not sure if it was this message board or somewhere else,that someone suggested getting a square water wallet for using while snorkeling and at the beach.

Does anyone know what stores might carry the square ones. I tried Walmart,Target,and Sports Authority and all they have are round ones.
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2002, 06:56 PM
TomS

Default Re: Water wallet

You might try a good travel store. One I can think of is Samsonite. They have a store locater at www.samsonitecompanystores.com. I did a quick check and they didn't have anything waterproof, although you can store anything that you need to keep try in zip-lock bags inside your wallet.

TomS
Old July 19th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Angela Peters

Thanks Tom if I can't find anyting waterproof like that than I will use a ziploc. I just wanted something you can wear around your neck and not have to leave anywhere.
Old July 19th, 2002, 08:48 PM
Jeff Clark

Angela,

We purchased one on our ship "Paradise" in the gift shop. Thanks, Jeff Clark
Old July 19th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Water wallet

Angela..
I had the same problem...couldnt find anything anywhere. I finally went to a scuba/dive shop in my town and that had exactly what i wanted. Little plastic square waterproof boxes that you can where around your neck. They were only 7 bucks. well worth it!

good luck..
Paula..
Old July 19th, 2002, 10:28 PM
Passenger

Angela

If you are from the Boston area try REI. It has all kinds of options for water wallets. For $3.00 you can get 4 small plastic inserts that you can fit money, wallet and a credit card in. You use a safety pin to attach to your bathing suit.

You can them move up to a small plastic box - 4" x 3". It can go around your neck. It also floats. I think that was in the $7 range. Obviously it is water proof.

You can then move up from there but the boxes get to big to really carry.

REI is an out door sports store. Perhaps you have a store near you. It is like a Eddie Bauer or LL bean outdoor store.

I went the $3 route.

Paul
Old July 19th, 2002, 11:28 PM
Angela Peters

Default Re: Re: Water wallet

Thanks everyone I did go to an outdoor store with no luck. I was thinking of trying a scuba/dive shop. If not than I'll see if they have it aboard the ship.

Angela
Old July 21st, 2002, 08:11 AM
janine

Default Re: Re: Re: Water wallet

Hi -
We bought ours for our recent cruise on the Pride at a boating shop--
they had a lot of different colors so we got a bunch of different ones-- but they did have them on ship too for a little more!!
they worked out great -- even for around the pool to keep the ever important sail & sign card close at hand!!!!
Old July 21st, 2002, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

I recommend trying a luggage specialty shop. We purchased water proof fanny packs for about $10.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 21st, 2002, 01:19 PM
J. SASS

GO TO WWW.TRAVELPRODUCTS.COM/STORE/BEACH.HTM AND YOU WIIL FIND THE WALLET YOUR LOOKING FOR.
Old July 21st, 2002, 02:28 PM
Angela Peters

Guess what? I went to K-mart and was able to find one that is light weight and similar to the tubes. It was only .97!!
I just submerged it in the sink and it seemed to hold up.

I'll try this and hopefully it will hold up in the ocean. If not I'll be out .97 and buy one at the dive store for next time.