Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2002, 01:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to James Send a message via Yahoo to James
Default Carnival pulling out of St.Croix?

Does anyone know why the Carnival Victory is no longer stopping in St.Croix, but rather stopping in St.Martin.
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2002, 01:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival pulling out of St.Croix?

The crime rate in St Croix rose and there were a couple of robberies and assaults against both passengers and crew. As the local goverment did not seem to want to do much about this problem CCL immediately pulled out of the port until they could make changes and insure the passengers safety. CCL is very concerned with the safety of it's passengers and crew and will not allow them to be placed in danger.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old August 1st, 2002, 07:53 AM
pooter

Default Re: Re: Carnival pulling out of St.Croix?

They should pull out of ST. Lucia too. Last year when I was there we took a small bus ride over to Suffrierre to see the sulfering srings. BIG MISTAKE! Our bus was caught in a fight between the natives in the middle of town. They were throwing bottles, knives and who knows what else. What a trashy island and I would not recommend going there.
Old August 1st, 2002, 08:15 AM
TomS

Default Re: Carnival pulling out of St.Croix?

Officially, St. Croix was cancelled because of the increasing crime rate. HAL and Windstar also pulled out. One ship is returning on an "experimental" basis. I now have a nephew working on St. Croix so I will keep an ear out for any new developments.

TomS
Old August 1st, 2002, 06:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival pulling out of St.Croix?

Pooter,
That is a surprising and difficult thing to have to experiance. I can assue you that it is not the norm, and actually quite unusual. St Lucia is not known for being a dangerous or even worrisome island. We have been there four times now I think and loved it each and every time and we especially liked traveling around the island and getting to meet the locals. I hope that if you get there again you venture out and not let one bad experiance ruin a very nice place for you.
Jim
Community Staff Leader