Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2002, 04:15 PM
Beginner

Default Pride 31 Aug-7 Sep

Is anyone else going on the Pride leaving 31 August for the Western Carribean? I'm going with a singles group out of Port Canaveral.
This is my first cruise, so any information would be greatly appreciated... i.e., things a first-timer may not know.
Also, my friend booked us a 1a category cabin, is that really bad? I know it is the cheapest, should we try to upgrade?
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2002, 04:30 PM
David Cuccaro

Default Re: Pride 31 Aug-7 Sep

Hey!

I will be on the Pride from 8-31 to 9-7 for my first cruise. I am with the same singles group.

It is apparent from my staying late at work to simply browse cruise information that I am quite eager to depart.

If you want to chat, my e-mail is dcuccaro@twcny.rr.com and my AIM is CucarachaTKE.

Only 1 month to go.
Old July 31st, 2002, 06:04 PM
Jerry H

Default Re: Re: Pride 31 Aug-7 Sep

We are sailing on the same cruise.

Married couple (many years) out of Charleston, SC. It is our ninth cruise, seventh on Carnival. We wanted this cruise because of the new-designed ship, off season for family vacations, and our first trip to Belize. Belize, a port that we have heard so much about. Much to our pleasure, we later learned that Key West (because of the holiday) was subsituted for Costa Maya, Mex., an even less travel port. If you have never cruised before, the ports are not that important, The ship is what you will remember. And you will remember!

You are about to get addicted. When my son graduated from college this past December, the only gift he asked for (and got) was a cruise for New Years Eve. You will find yourself among the many who leave one cruise and start planning the next. ALL Carnival cabins are a little larger that other cruise ships. Don't worry about the size or view, you want be in it that often.

See you August 31st,

Jerry and Sylvia
Old August 1st, 2002, 04:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

I also will be on the Pride for this sailing. Have cabin 7351 which has a great balcony.
Hope to take the cave tube trip. Less than a month to go and already putting goodies aside to take along. See y'all onboard.
Old August 6th, 2002, 01:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, My husband and myself are traveling the same week on the Pride. This will
be my 3rd cruise and the 2nd one for my husband. We will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary. (we were married on the Carnival Destiny on 9-7-97.

I have one very important piece of advise, if at all possible, hang on to your luggage when you get to the port rather than give it to a porter. It seems like
you are supposed to check it there but you don't have to. If you check your luggage at the port, it may be as late as 11pm when you get your luggage the
first night. On my first cruise it was in October and I dressed warmly from home
and when we got to Miami it was blistering hot. I wore the same clothes until my
luggage arrived in our room at 830 pm. I was misserable.

If you have an inside cabin, take a night light. The rooms are pitch black with
the lights off (night or day) and the light from the bathroom is too much to sleep with.

If you have room in your luggage, take air freshener because the bathrooms are
not vented.

Have a wonderful trip and maybe we will see you on board. We are coming from
North Carolina.

Tracy Cox
Old August 6th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Pride 31 Aug-7 Sep

Great information, thank you very much!! I really appreciate it. And congratulations on your 5th anniversary!!

I'll be coming from Dayton, Ohio, staying in Orlando on Friday night. Would be great to meet you all.
Lisa