Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2002, 06:01 PM
Sheila Foret

Default Video's done on ship daily

I sailed on the Carnival Inspiration on May 26-June2. All cruisers are offered to purchase on the the daily videos that are done. We filled out a form to purchase one. We was told that the video would be mailed to our home within 6 weeks from the day we LEAVE the cruise ship. He also told us if we didn't recieve our cruise within 6 weeks call. Well, after 7 weeks I called carnival, got a number to call the people who actually does the coping of the videos. SHE WAS RUDE!!! She did everything short of telling me I was stupid of thinking that I would get the video that soon. That in all reality, the video's don't even get mailed until 8 weeks after you leave the cruise. She said not to expect my video until after AUG 2. I then called Carnival back and related the story to the representative. She then put myself, her and the lady from the video place on three way. This woman was rude with the carnival rep on the phone. She gave us the same 8 week line. I told her that my reciepts clearly states, you WILL recieve your video within 6 weeks from you departure and that they guy that took my order said the same. She said that it was a typing error and they would correct it that it was suppose to say after 8 weeks. Then hung up on us. The rep from Carnival apoligized and said she also found the lady to be rude and that she would tell her supervisor. I have not heard anything yet and I don't have my video. SO.........If you are thinking about ordering, remember this, you won't get it within 6 weeks, but they do take the money right away from you credit card. It is frustrating because two months have pass and we can't share or cruise video with our friends and family. This I understand is not carnivals fault but maybe they should find another company to do videos for them. All, in all, I am not satisfied with this at all. I have been mislead and have it in writting. Anyone had this problem please e-mail me.
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2002, 08:29 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Video's done on ship daily

wow that sounds messed up. me and my wife are going on the inspiration in sept, and i think im going to take my own videos that way we will be able to view them as soon as we get home. they should have at least offered your money back or some at least some of your money back. It's bad enough that you had to pay up front but for you to have to wait longer for if than you were told is crazy. thanks for the info.
Old August 9th, 2002, 04:43 AM
Therese

sorry you had this experience.

We purchased ours on board and carried it off with us. We have watched it several times and love it! I hope you get yours soon
Old August 15th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Sheila Foret

Well, I just called the company and ask where in the hell is my video. Now I am getting this bull about it most have go lost in the mail crap. The person who posted and said they walked off the ship with there video diary, please tell me what ship you was on, because our ship did not give us that option, quite frankly they told us all the copies was done in Florida by the video company I am having problems with. All and all, I am quite disgusted with carnival for never returning a call or send me a letter that they was sorry for the way I was treated when I first called. A carnival rep had us on three way and the lady was very rude to me and the carnival rep. Yet nothing was done about my video. HEY CARNIVAL, IF YOU READ THIS REMEMBER YOU ARE THE ONES THAT TOOK THE MONEY FROM MY CREDIT CARD 3 MONTHS AGO, SO YOU SHOULD BE RESPONSIBLE TO MAKE SURE PASSENGERS RECIEVED WHAT THEY PAID FOR. If this is what carnival does, just wash there hands after passengers leave their ship, well I WILL NOT cruise with carnival again. Granted I spent 1700.00 for the trip and another 1500.00 on my sail and sign card. It's so sad that I can't even get the video that is memories of this trip and I paid so much for the trip.
Old August 27th, 2002, 04:49 PM
Sheila Foret

Default Re: Re: Video's done on ship daily

Well, here is an update of what has happened to my video. THERE IS NEVER GOING TO BE A VIDEO. One of Carnival's head presidents called me today after I sent an e-mail threating to get an attorney, and told me that they are so sorry that the video company gave me the run around but that the company (Water & Colors in Miami), never intended to send the video because they and Carnival was at odds or something like that and that Carnival is not using them anymore so now I am told I will get a refund check but as far as the video (that I especially ordered because we participated in 3 of the events that was recorded that day) we won't ever get. We didn't even get to view it on the cruise ship TV because the record button was stuck in the video and they couldn't get it out (that's what they said). Well, our memories are gone. This is so hard to take. The money isn't going to stop me from crying over losing what we thought would be a memory keepsake.