Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2002, 06:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default feedback on Destiny wanted

Am considering an October Southern Caribbean itinerary on the Destiny. I understand that this is a fairly new itinerary for this ship. Anybody have any feedback either on the ship or the itinerary?
We are Bridge players and it seems organized games are more the norm on Princess than on Carnival. I guess it may be the crowd each attracts. The one thing I love about Carnival is that the beds are twins that make up to a king. While Princess beds are undersized twins that make up to a queen. The extra room makes a bigger difference to me than the average cruiser I suspect. Although I do miss the refrigerator as Princess has them in every cabin.
But the main reason for returning to Carnival is on our last cruise, our cabin was under the showroom and the sounds could be heard till late in the night. I complained and they took a so-what attitude. But on the last night, I was pleasantly surprised when I found a letter in our room that gave us an additional 10 percent off any future cruise. That is 10 percent off the best price I found! It sometimes pays to complain.
I do love this Southern Caribbean itinerary though. Aruba is a great stop. We own a timeshare at the Marriott Ocean Club in Aruba where the weather is always perfect!

Tom

Grand Princess 2-2001
Grand Princess 12-2001
Carnival Paradise 3-2002
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: feedback on Destiny wanted

I did the Dutch Treat itinerary on the Destiny last year and loved it. Aruba & Curacao were my favorite stops but we HATED St. Lucia. We got caught up in a fight in the middle of town and the natives were throwing bottles and people had knives. I would suggest staying on the ship in St. Lucia if you do that one. other than that it was a great time and a great itinerary.
Old August 5th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: feedback on Destiny wanted

The itinerary changed as of April, I believe. The new itinerary is much better. The stops are St. Thomas, Martinique, Barbados and Aruba. This is a totally new itinerary for Carnival and the Destiny.
Old August 6th, 2002, 09:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: feedback on Destiny wanted

We did the Destiny on March 16th and it was magnificent! Check out my ship review in the review section on this website for all of the details and have fun!