Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2002, 02:16 PM
Joanportia

Default Spa prices>Pride

Hi!!

Does anyone remember prices for spa treatments on the Pride??? While on Celebrity last year, one could not just get a massage but had to buy a package. Lost my business!!!!!!!! For sure!!!!!!!!

Any info would help..................Thanx

Joan
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Spa prices>Pride

There are different treatments for different prices, but my wife always gets a massage on a cruise for her treat. On the Pride, she got a middle of the road type treatment with some creams/lotions (or something) for $125. I believe the massage was an hour long for around $90 but the extras ran the total up to $125. This was not the cheapest nor the most expensive treatment.

Regards,
Thomas
Old August 4th, 2002, 01:17 PM
Mary Ann

Default Re: Re: Spa prices>Pride

We haven't been on the Pride yet(sailing 12/28/02) But we have cruised a few other carnival ships in the past. I always use the spa treatments. You can defintely have seperate spa treatments.The price range varies. I have had facials & massages. They offer several different types of both. They also have daily specials,for example 15% off all services before 1pm. etc. Beware. Beware. The techincians are trained to sell the products they use on you. They will try to sell them & u will probably be tempted to buy them. I have purchased once or twice only because i needed or really wanted what i bought. They can be pushy. you can tell them that u don't want to talk until your treatment is over so u can relax or unwind. They will listen. Then at the end they will try to sell u the products they used. Politely, say i am not interested at all. They should leave u alone then. They really aren't that bad. I have always had a great spa experience on the Carnival ships.

Enjoy & Relax you deserve it.

Happy Sailing,
Mary Ann
Old August 5th, 2002, 03:20 PM
Admiral

Joan, I don't know what Celebrity ship you sailed on, but last November, we had no problem just getting a massage. I find that very unusual. Did you go to the spa desk? The average massage on the Pride was $89 to $189 plus tip. If there is something special you would like to indulge in, just let me know and I will look it up at home. The Pride's spa was very nice, and Karen Davis my therapist was very good with no hard selling! I ahd fallen down a flight of stairs two weeks before cruising and she was very gentle and knowledgeable about my tenderness. She got an extra tip for that point!
Bon Voyage
Old August 8th, 2002, 09:34 PM
First Mate

I didn't get a hard sell but I got a soft sell. They are trained and very knowledgeable about what they are trying to sell. On our last cruise with Carnival, I had my first body wrap. I did not buy any of the products because frankly I would not use them.

when we cruised on another line, I had a relaxing massage where the massage therapist used a lavender oil. I bought it, pricey, but worth it. Made my baths much more relaxing. Of course hubby could always tell when I prepping for bath because the house "blossoms" with the scent of lavender. Of course now I am hooked on it.