Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 7th, 2002, 02:05 PM
Beginner

Default Getting Married on the Pride 9-7-02

Hello all of you cruising experts. I am getting married on the Carnival Pride in about a month. My biggest fear is the unexpected. Does anyone know anyone who has gotten married on the Pride. This is the first cruise for both my fiance and I and we would like to know what to expect. How much do things cost, like shore exersions, spa stuff, drinks, etc. Any helpful hints or suggestions would also be helpful.

Thanks in advance for any information,
Leshia
Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2002, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Getting Married on the Pride 9-7-02

Hi, Leshia ...

You should be getting a shore excursion brochure with the excursions and prices pretty soon. Ask your TA.

Spa stuff is quite expensive on any of the mainstream cruise lines if you are talking about hairdos, maincures, facials, etc.

Fancy bar drinks (umbrellas and souvenir glasses) can be more than $5 (including tip) and there's almost no limit on what you can spend on a bottle of good wine.

I remember hearing once about a honeymoon couple who thought everything was INLUCDED and ran up a huge bill onboard. You are very wise to check ahead of time.

Are you doing one of the Fantasia packages? Their prices are pretty clear.

Old August 7th, 2002, 06:25 PM
Passenger

Leshia,

We just got back from our vacation. Didn't get married on cruise but can tell you a little about other prices. Most drinks were as the previous poster says $6 plus tip. My husband and I had a couples masage for about $200 for both plus tip at the spa. They have specials during the days in port because most ppl only visit the spa on at sea days. We took a 2 shore excursions and I would reccomend them if you've never been to the desination before. (Not sure which itinarary you are on) We took a "Tram ride to Paradise Point " for $12 pp in St. Thomas and then spent $3 pp for a cab ride into town to shop. In St. Marteen we spent $45 pp for snorkle. The tips are the other huge expense about $9.50 pp per day. We also spent a lot of money at the art auction but not everyone does that. The other major expense is souvenirs. Hope this helps email if you have more quesitons.
Old August 7th, 2002, 07:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Getting Married on the Pride 9-7-02

Hi Chefleshia,
Congrats on the upcoming wedding and honeymoon on Carnival Pride. I do agree with you about not caring for the unexpected, but everything should be fine, don't worry. You may also want to read through the section here for "first cruisers", some great info and tips:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...time/index.cfm

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 8th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi,

What a wonderful coincidence...I got married on the Carnival Destiny on 9-7-97 and
will be sailing on the Pride for our anniversary. You have chosen a wonderful way to
tie the knot! Don't worry.....they had everything ready for me when we got there and it
was very smooth.

Tracy
Old August 9th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Getting Married on the Pride 9-7-02

Tracy,

So you got married on a Carnival Cruise. How was your wedding? I am getting extremely nervous because I don't know what to expect. Are you going on the Pride on September 7, 2002? Only 29 days to go. If you have any pictures from your wedding on the cruise online, I would love to see them.

Thank You,
Leshia
Old August 12th, 2002, 03:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Getting Married on the Pride 9-7-02

I guess I should post a couple of pics....anyway, When we got to port we immediately
went to customer service and advised them we were getting married and they put us in
a room with several other couples and gave us a run down of what was going to happen. They also let us go to our room earlier than anyone else to prepare. At the designated time, someone came to the room to get us and led us to the "Card Room"
for the ceremony. They took lots of photos and then led us to cut the cake. That was
pretty quick and while our guests were drinking champagne, we were led off for more
photos. I didn't get any time to talk to friends and family after the ceremony. The photos
took up at least an hour. They posed us everywhere on the ship. After that we were
on our own. Overall, it was quick but very nice.