Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: a warning for parents

I love children and have a 7 yr old Daughter who sometimes drives me nuts
with her testing. I plan on taking her on a 4 day cruise in March 2005 and she will
be on her best behavior or she will be removed from the room and spend alot of time on time outs. I cant stand seeing parents who let their children run around and
scream, but as a mother of a emotionally troubled child I cant totally blame them.
We dont know if that child has problems such as ADD or is mentally disturbed and if so it is almost impossible to control them once they are in their zone. For people and you know who you are, shooting dirty looks at the parents does not help matters.
Have fun cruising.
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:45 AM
Tiger31

im on the pride right now and kids havent once been a problem for me. there are a lot of litle ones but theyve all been very well behaved. obviously, its different on every sruise, but i just wanted to say that on my trip thus far, i havent at all been effected my obnoxious kids of negligent parents. also, theres alot kids and parents can do together- it doesnt seem like kids would have to go bouncing off the walls ot have some fun.
Old June 25th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Passenger

I love these boards!!!!!! The original post was almost 2 years ago , with Jim Bragg posting 8/17/02--then branflakes posts on 6/4/04 and everyone goes off the deep end again. Jeezzzzzzzz---if you are going to discuss a topic at least have it be related to current events not an event from 2 years ago.

Celebrity Horizon Sept 04 Bermuda
Carnival Liberty Sept 05 Western Mediterranean

Old June 25th, 2004, 08:18 AM
First Mate

I guess you could say this is a timeless subject

Royale 5/85; Oceanic 7/85, 5/86, 5/89
Veracruz 7/88; Fantasy 7/97;
Tropicale 6/98; Sov. Seas 6/99;
Sensation 5/03, 5/04; Glory 9/03,Triumph 9/04; Pride 3/05
Old June 25th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to branflakes1991 Send a message via Yahoo to branflakes1991

ok, someone had posted earlier, like a day earlier, and then later it was deleted by cruisemates. i dont remember the cruisers name, but THEY brought it up from 2 yrs. ago. I only pressed older messages once, and i saw it was from '02, and some1 had posted a day before I did, and that post got deleted
Old June 25th, 2004, 03:10 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

Can we please just let this subject die?

Parents - watch your kids, just b/c you are on a cruise ship and the kids cant really GO anywhere, it doenst mean they dont need supervision.

Kids - be responsible, use your heads, be respectful of others on the ship.

Everyone - Be safe, be cautious, have fun, end of subject.

Old June 27th, 2004, 09:03 PM
LaxAttack19

Just got off the Legend a couple of days ago. There were 180 kids between the ages of 15 and 18. I didn't see the slightest problem with any of them. There was also a large group of early 20's who took full advantage of their opportunity to drink to excess, but to their credit not one that I saw was obnoxious or out of control. The only problems I saw were a few 30-somethings acting like idiots after a few drinks. I guess any "group" could be a problem at times.