Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Passenger

Default table for 2 or 4

Are there tables for 2 or 4 available on the Triumph? We don't enjoy eating with large groups of people we don't know. We have been on two cruises before, both times accompanied by our teenage daughter. Both times, first on the Big Red Boat six years ago and then two years later on the Sensation, we were fortunate to have been seated at a table for six, each time with another couple and their teenaged daughter. This will be our first cruise just the two of us.

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Robocop

Default Re: table for 2 or 4

Yes, you may request a table for two or four. For the most part I keep to myself in life but for some reason whenever we are on a cruise we always ask for a table for six or 8 or 10 and have always had a great time meeting and getting to know our tablemates. Many of these same tablemates have ended up being longterm friends with whom we keep in contact with and have even cruised with again!
Jim
Community Staff Leader
Old September 29th, 2002, 05:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: table for 2 or 4

I was told by the Carnival rep whom I booked my cruise thru, that if I wanted a specific table arrangement (I was traveling alone), that I should talk w/the Maitre'D as soon after boarding the ship as possible. I saw several tables for 2 and for 4. I chose to take 'pot luck', and ended up at a table for 8, all very nice folks that I thoroughly enjoyed.
Old September 30th, 2002, 01:48 PM
brownii

Default Re: Re: Re: table for 2 or 4

On our first cruise, we requested a table for two and sat alone at a table for 4. The Inspiration has no tables for two. We did request one, and were assigned to a table for 10!!!!!!! However, we did have a great time. We had wonderful 6 wonderful tablemates. 2 never showed up at all. Kim and Barry from Mobile, Mike and Courtney from Wisconsin, and Kevin and Charlotte from Houston. My husband was really dreading dinner when he saw the huge table, but he admitted we really got lucky and had a great time with the others.
Old October 2nd, 2002, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Default Re: table for 2 or 4

It's all a matter of personal preference. Sitting at a big table full of strangers is not for everyone.

Sharon, ask your travel agent to request a table for two. Then when you arrive on board, confirm your table arrangement with the Maitre 'd. The Carnival Capers newsletter in your cabin will tell you when the dining room is open for this purpose.

Have a great, romantic cruise with just the two of you.

Cheers,
Michelle B.