Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Fantasy info

My husband & I are in our 40's and we are considering the Fantasy for 1/2/03. section 4A. How bad is this ship? This is for our anniversary is this ship and cruise line mistake? We are not party people.
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Cynthia

Default Re: Fantasy info

Im a Carnival Fan, but I wouldnt suggest this cruise for you. THere are 2 reasons. #1 its a bahamas cruise so its got a more laid back party atmosphere. #2 Carnival attracts a younger crowd and since this is over a school holiday you might get more partiers than a cruise not over a school holiday.

Not bashing Carnival, but wouldnt suggest THIS cruise if you dont want to party.

Cynthia
Old August 16th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Fantasy info

Thank you Cynthia. YOu have helped alot. I just read a review about a topless sunbathing section. We really are Disney people. But that is another trip.
Old August 18th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

The shorter 3/4 day cruises on all cruise lines are often a "livelier"<G> time than longer cruises. Many book them as quick getaways and try and take advantage of all the hours available in a short cruise.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 24th, 2002, 10:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to cruisinmelo Send a message via Yahoo to cruisinmelo

Hi -
Just returned from four day Fantasy cruise after 6 days at WDW at Wilderness Lodge. I can't see paying at least twice the amount for a Disney cruise. We had a great time! I am in my 40's and this was my 8th cruise. Second w/ carnival. First on Carnival was 2day Victory cruise for my 15th anniversary. We, too, were concerned about the "party" reputation, but were pleasantly surprised by great food, service and cleanliness. Stay off the pool deck in the afternoon unless the ship is in port. We like to have a quiet drink at the piano bar, or sit in a comfy chair and watch the world go by.
Lost my dear hubby last September., and took my 2 kids alone this time. The rooms on the Fantasy show thrie age, but they are clean. Public areas remain stunning and clean. Entertainment throughout was fabulous. Not one member of crew was not smiling!
It's all in who you are and what you need. I've sailed with the "best" and the "worst" of the lines. For the money, the Fantasy was a great deal.
Good luck, whatever you decide. On an anniversary, you should pretty much have eyes only for each other! Enjoy! Let us know what you finally do!
Old August 26th, 2002, 05:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Fantasy info

So sorry for your lost I'm sure you have some wonderful memories of your cruise together. Thankyou for your sharing.