Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2002, 09:17 AM
cherri

Default iron & curling iron

I know they have irons onboard, but I need my iron. i cram everything in and the first day i iron everything again. and I definetly need my curling iron. can theybe plugged in the room on the Julbilee...going on the 24rth. any one going. family of 4
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2002, 09:44 AM
imlulu

Default Re: iron & curling iron

You can plug it in. Why couldn't you??? Just beware most cabins have 2 plugs. One near vanity, desk in cabin and one in bathroom. At least I think they ahev 1 in the bathroom but I always use the one near the vanity thingie. Maybe the newer ships have irons but the Jubilee does not neither do the fantasy class ships. I am not sure if the suites do but the inside and outside rooms do not.
Old August 18th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Nat

Take a small outlet plug (maybe 3 outlets) with you and then you can use more than one item at a time such as a hair dryer and a cell phone charger etc. You can purchase these at any hardware store, K Mart, WalMart etc. Almost every cabin we have had has one outlet except the newer ships that have two by the desk. I think all of the Carnival ships have laundry rooms where for a fee you can wash clothes and they have an iron and ironing board set up you can use. Hope this helps.
Old August 18th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: iron & curling iron

Irons are a fire hazard on ships! Most ships have cleaning and pressing service, so leave your iron at home and spend a few dollars to have you clothes pressed!
Old August 18th, 2002, 06:26 PM
phillychick

Default Re: Re: Re: iron & curling iron

My family and I were on the Jubilee in July 2002...I remember having one outet by the vanity mirror...none in the bathroom....clothes irons, located in the laundy rooms on each floor, were free of charge...go early on formal nights, though...enjoy your cruise
Old August 19th, 2002, 12:49 AM
Admiral

Cherri ....

Irons are a serious fire hazard. Leave it at home. Pack sensibly and you won't need it.

Old August 19th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Admiral

Please, DO NOT take your personal iron! These items are a fire hazard and a danger to not only you but everyone onboard! There are irons in the self-srve laundry room if you just nust touch up something. These are attached to the wall and in a safe area. If you want something in your room then get a small travel steamer, they work just about as well and are safer. Nothing, but nothing, strikes more fear in a sailor than a fire at sea.
Jim
Community Staff Leader