Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2002, 02:34 PM
lizygirl

Default Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

I am driving from Alabama on Oct. 13 to catch the Inspiration. Should arrive in New Orleans at 12:00 ship leaves at 6:00. How is the parking, do you think I will have a space, are their alternate parking close by. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2002, 09:39 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

Have not been there myself, but have read on other boards that the lot frequently fills up. When that happens you are directed to nearby lots (on Convention Blve). At least one of these lots a shuttle is provided.
Old August 28th, 2002, 05:31 AM
lizygirl

Default Re: Re: Parking at Julia Terminal in New Orleans

Thank you.
Old August 28th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Happy Camper

It is an idea if you want - we rent two one way cars from the cheapest rental places - usually rental places that have a car they want brought back.. We are from Houston and I don't have to worry about my car or the parking. It is usually about $50 one way and I drop at the airport - only place they will let you drop without a fee - and get a cab to the pier. It is more expensive but then again I don't like to worry about my car. So far we have been out of New Orelans 4 times and we haven't ever heard anyone complain about the parking at the pier. It seems to be pretty safe. Debbie
Old August 31st, 2002, 06:48 PM
Passenger

Lizy,
After 3 cruises out of New orleans, the best time to arrive to me is around 11.00 A.M . I've gotten there at 10.00 A.M and had to wait several minutes.Then I've gotten there around 1.00 P.M., and that was Real fun !( like rush hour on the freeway) When we got there at 11.00, we drove right up to the unloading area, unloaded,(they took our bags right on back.) I parked the car, (no problem on parking at that time),meet wife in front of the loading zone,went through the normal boarding percedures. We where on the ship around 12.30-12.45.
Hope you have a great cruise, we sure did!!
Old September 10th, 2002, 02:57 PM
nbreth

My family and I are also sailing on the Inspiration on 13 Oct, 02. From what I have found out that parking is $7 per day in a secure parking area.
Old September 14th, 2002, 05:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just returned on Monday 9/9/02 from a cruise on the Holiday. There is an open-air parking lot right next to the dock - if it isn't filled. I arrived around 1pm, and was directed to Fulton Street Garage/Hertz (corner of Fulton & Convention). Covered, secure parking for $10/day, and complimentary shuttle to the pier - which is about 7 blocks away. This is a good deal for New Orleans parking. HOWEVER, when you return, the lines are very, very long at the pier waiting for the shuttle. I grabbed a cab for $7, and went straight there; much better than waiting with hundreds of others for the shuttle.
Old September 14th, 2002, 05:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just returned on Monday 9/9/02 from a cruise on the Holiday. There is an open-air parking lot right next to the dock - if it isn't filled. I arrived around 1pm, and was directed to Fulton Street Garage/Hertz (corner of Fulton & Convention). Covered, secure parking for $10/day, and complimentary shuttle to the pier - which is about 7 blocks away. This is a good deal for New Orleans parking. HOWEVER, when you return, the lines are very, very long at the pier waiting for the shuttle. I grabbed a cab for $7, and went straight there; much better than waiting with hundreds of others for the shuttle.