Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

We are considering a three day Carnival Cruise. Do you still get the Lobster on a three day or is that just for the longer cruises.
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2002, 11:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

On the front of my Carnival brochure it says that Carnival Cruise Lines offers lobster on EVERY cruise.
Old September 1st, 2002, 08:52 AM
tinker

Default Re: Re: Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

I sure do hope so, I just booked the Fantasy for Thursday. A quick weekend getaway and told my girlfriend they wouldn't have lobster. What a surpirse if they do!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 1st, 2002, 04:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

I was on the Fantasy last year for the 3 days and YES they did have lobster on the formal night!

Diane
Old September 1st, 2002, 05:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Dear Tinker,

We are considering the Fantasy or the Sovereign of the Sea. Please e-mail me with details of the cruise ship. Fantasy has the best deals of any of the cruise ships. I would like to know if the ship is as bad or good as they say. We don't party. Meaning we don't drink or care for obcene(sp) comedians or people. But do like shows and dancing. Room size is not that important but clean room and beds are. Any info on food and service would be so greatly appreciated. You hear from the newer ships but not Fantasy. And I like flying into Orlando versus Miami.
Old September 1st, 2002, 06:21 PM
tinker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

Hi PSM,

I haven't been on the Fantasy in many years, but when I did go I had a great time. My sister and I went and I was in my late 40's she is only 3 years younger than me but acts about 20 yrs. younger. I went to some of the discos with her and dances. We had a good time. I remember the food was very good, but their portions were small, so we just asked for 2 servings. I am sure that they have changed that. I was on the Sensation last year and the food was absolutely wonderful. I have been on the Sovereign 5 times and am going again on the 22nd of Sept. I like her as she was my first ship, but the rooms are much smaller than Fantasy. It has a bit more of an older crowd, but you don't have to do what you don't want to. My girlfriend and I are going to relax. We probably won't even get off the ship in Nassau since we have both been there lots of times. I agree that the Fantasy is a lot cheaper than the Sovereign, but the Sovereign is usally cheaper for me because I use the coupons and get ship board credit for booking while on another ship. I didn't have a chance to do that this time as it was a quickie deal. That is why we went with Fantasy, also my girlfriend wanted to try Carnival. You will have a great time no matter what ship you pick. The only ship I didn't like at all was the Regal Empress.
Old September 1st, 2002, 06:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

Is a four-ounce, flash-frozen lobster tail ($4.99 at my local supermarket this week) THAT important?
Old September 2nd, 2002, 07:07 AM
tinker

Default Re: Re: Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

In a word YES
Old September 2nd, 2002, 08:48 AM
Patticake

A helpful tip. Yes they serve Lobster. And if you love any of the items on the menu. You can get as many as you want. We just got back yesterday from our cruise. Our tablemates were glad to find out from us that you can order as many as you want.At our table of 6 we ordred 12 lobsters. I think one person ordered 3 lobsters. YUMMMM. So order as much as you want. Even if you just want to try something new.
Old September 2nd, 2002, 09:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

Thanks Patticake, did you go on the Fantasy and how was it.
Old September 2nd, 2002, 04:13 PM
Patticake

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

We went on the Inspiration. I'm sure the Fantasy will be a great ship. Our 3 day cruise was on the Nordic Empress with RCL. Have a great cruise.
Old September 4th, 2002, 01:18 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Lkw329
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lobster Dinner on 3 day cruises

Patti
we are booked on the inspiration for 10-27-02. Please let me know any details and how was New Orleans. My email is rjw81@aol.com