Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2002, 07:07 AM
Passenger

Default The Leg-End

Well hi everyone,

Just watneds to inform everyone the carnival legend is alive and well. we are right now docked in Amsterdam, the netherlands. we are on the last day of the 12 day cruise. we arrive back into harwich, england tommorow morning around 5 am.
We will then empty everyone out, and load up for the 15 day cruise to new york.

let me tell you europe is a whole different ball game to cruising on a ccl ship in the caribbean. russia was great, the only odwner for the guests was no one was aloud off the ship unles on a russia shore excursion or if thay held a russia visa. But let me tell you the crew had a great time. thay arranged a crew bus into town on the over night to a local night club, mannnnnn, what a night.

John the CD is great, all though he is a bit quite i am sure its becasue of the whole europe bit. i am sure when we get to NY he will liven up.

Russell.

ps.........the shops are going well !!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2002, 02:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: The Leg-End

Thanks Russell. I hope Bart from Amsterdam is on board to take some of his great pictures for all of us to view. Overall, how are the new crew doing? Sometimes it takes a while to get used to a new job and working with new staff members. Sounds like some people weren't made aware of the Russian Visa requirement. Good communication does help out.
Bon Voyage
Old September 7th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Admiral

Wow, Russell, you got to inaugurate the Pride and now the Legend! You're getting to be a real expert at this, aren't you! Thanks for posting. I remember you from your posts on the Pride's Atlantic crossing and then meeting you in the shop on her inaugural cruise, 6-day Western Caribbean out of Miami, Dec. 30! Nice to hear from you!
jennifer
Old September 8th, 2002, 05:30 AM
Passenger

in regards to how are the crew going on the new ship. i think there isn't anything to worry about. from the people i know and rememeber from the pride. there is as much as 70% of the staff from that ship in here. most came straight across, so thay just slot right back in to there regualr work duties.

Russell.

ps....cork, ireland today, man it is weird saying carnival is in europe.
Old September 9th, 2002, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: The Leg-End

Hi Russell. I was glad to get all of your updates on the Pride and happy to have met you in the shop on the inaugural voyage to the Eastern Caribbean. Keep us posted on the Legend as well.

Regards,
Thomas