Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Discount, group

First of all thank you to everyone who has helped me out the last couple of weeks. My questions is: I am booking between28-35 cabins for Feb 2004( i know it`s years away but my family lives in different parts of this galaxy and I need time to get everyone organized) I know the price will go down later on but I`m afraid to wait and not get what we want especially 2nd seating. We are such a large group that it was recommend we book very early. Now if the price goes down a lot is there anyway to chaneg the quote we have been given. My TA said that a 40 deposit is needed now then 160 days prior 400pp and then the full amount 80 days before sailing. Which means there might be a better prices before the group has made their finally payment will they give us a break and give us the new price or will they stick to the old one. Should I wait until next summer to book. Is it crazy to ask the TA to try and get us all on the same floor? I`ve never booked such a large family reunion before I`m afraid to wait and then not be able to get what we want. I`m sure the ship won`t be sold out by next summer but does it make a difference for seating arrrangements is it first come first serve. How about the cabins do you get the better ones when you book early? I know I have lots of questions so please bare with me even when they sound pretty dumb. Tks again.
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Captain

Default Re: Discount, group

If your TA is going to book this as a group they will be more than likely signing some kind of contract with the cruise line. Discuss in advance with the TA if they will be willing to give you a lower price if the price drops and if they will have them put it in writing and under what conditions they are willing to give the price break.

If you would like specific staterooms you are better to book in advance to guarantee getting the rooms you wish especially if you all want to be located near each other. JMHO.

Discuss this with your TA and make sure you have things in writing. Than go have a great time cruising with the family in Feb 2004
Old September 5th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Yeoman

Hopefully your TA will answer all your questions but feel free to ask away on here. I agree that you need to get EVERYTHING in writing (save e-mails and fax's too). They should be jumping though hoops to facilitate a large booking. I have never booked a group but am a veteran cruiser (#22 last month) and would be glad to give any feedback I can, Robbie
Old September 7th, 2002, 10:12 AM
Lindy

Default Re: Re: Discount, group

I am a TA find a TA who will give you the lower rate before booking. The TA or agency will be making very good profit on this group. At this time the ship is wide open and she or heTA will hold space on whatever deck or decks you want, also the dining early or late will be held. Make sure you get what you want before booking. A large agency may have
better contract with the lines.
Old September 8th, 2002, 01:26 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Discount, group

Our group just came back from a Carnival Spirit Northbound cruise July 17-24. We booked the cruise in Janaury 2001. In December 2001, my travel agent called and told me that the price went down and we all got a $300 discount, per person, along with a few other perks. Hope that helps.
Old September 12th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Discount, group

My travel agent that I use offers for every 16 cabins I book one free cabin! There are many ways of getting deals.
Old September 14th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Jillian

wow! i think you defintly should book it now! if you want to all be at the same dinner and near eachother on the ship i think you need to book soon. Carnival should give you a great price for booking so many cabins and carnival gives you a special rate if U do book EARLY! the rate usually just goes higher because the ship gets more filled up so i would book it now
-jillian