Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2002, 09:25 PM
Chorey

Default exotic western cruise-LegendI

We are booked to go on above cruise in Feb-can anyone tell me how these ports are in comparison to others-have been on an eastern before but his will be first deep western -any advice?I know this is new itinerary for this ship but I blieve the Spirit did it last year-anyone taken it ?
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: exotic western cruise-LegendI

We are going on this same itineray in April. I have been doing a lot of research. One of the best parts is the wonderful 4 relaxing days at sea. These ports will be completely different from those you may have experienced in the Eastern, Southern or Western Caribbean. Shopping will be very limited. Belize is still a Third World Country. They plan to keep the country as ecologically balanced as possible by detering mass building projects. Mayan ruins, the Belize Zoo, Cave Tubing and scuba or snorkeling off the 2nd. greatest barrier reef are some of the recommended things to do. Costa Rica offers tropical jungles and tours inland. Roads and even hotels are not what American's are acustomed to. Plan on tours to experience the best of these new destinations. There will be limited taxi's or rental vehicles for "on your own" type touring. Beaches are also limited and natural at these three ports. One of the facts I just learned last night, was to plan on having US $$'s instead of using credit cards or ATM withdrawals. Our dollars are readily acceptable, but there is limited ATM or credit card acceptance. Plan on bringing bottled water on shore with you and apply plenty of sunscreen and bug repellent. This is a very tropical jungle and Rain Forest part of Central America. Once you get a list of Carnival tours after she does start this itinerary in November, you may want to seriously narrow down your choices and be ready to pre-book tours when Carnival institutes this opportunity if they do next year.
Bon Voyage