Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2002, 01:48 PM
Beginner

Default did i get a good price?

booked triumph oct4 2003 western car. 2 adults 4 children cat 11 w/cat4 quad across the hall.
$4500.00
Is this a good price?
we are new to crusing and any advise at all whould be helpfull

Thanks,JIm
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2002, 02:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: did i get a good price?

It would depend on what was included in that price; port charges, gov't taxes, airfare, insurance? If that was the rate for the cruise w/port chgs and gov't taxes, I would say it is an acceptable rate for right now. However, we booked the Victory back in Jan for 9/29 of this year. On a group rate, we paid $879.00 for an 8A guarantee. 3 days before final payment, we found the rates had dropped dramatically and ended up paying $800.00 for the same thing. About a month later, we were offered an upgrade to a cat. 11 for $70.00 per person. What it boils down to, is that we paid $870.00 for a cat. 11(all prices included port and taxes), although prices were alot higher when we first booked this trip. Keeping that in mind, make sure to keep an eye on the prices as your final payment approaches and the occasionally after that.
Old September 16th, 2002, 04:32 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: did i get a good price?

thx for the reply ...i didnt get the insurance but can do so in the future..should i?
the rate you gave 870. that was per person right? that sounds really low i guess i will keep an eye out for price drops which brings me to my next question. what do you do when and if the price does drop?
Old September 16th, 2002, 04:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Did that include port charges and taxes for all passengers?
Old September 16th, 2002, 06:22 PM
Beginner

yes it includes port charges and taxes...,everything but the insurance
Old September 16th, 2002, 07:48 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: did i get a good price?

I'm no expert but if you are taking your kids you should not do a garentee becouse you could be vary far apart. We have sailed with our 4 kids 3 times, just like you, we did the balcony and put the kids in a quad across the hall. IMHO a cat 11 is not worth the extra money. These cabins are not that much bigger and you really do not get any REAL perks for a suite with Carnival.. I perfer to book the lowest level Balcony becouse other than suites all the rooms are the same, You only are higher up and and since Destiny class are split higher up does not matter.
Your price is not to bad but imho you could save a lot of money going to a standerd balcony and you won't be dissapointed.
Have fun
Old September 16th, 2002, 08:16 PM
Passenger

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Best I could come up with was around 4700
Old September 17th, 2002, 01:15 AM
First Mate

I must be nuts ! ! !....I can't see you paying any more than $3000 for the whole thing.....is airfare involved ?
Old September 17th, 2002, 07:08 AM
Admiral

On i-cruise.com they are offering your cruise Cat. 11 at $1293 pp and Cat. 4 at around $500 pp (depends on what cat. 4). So for 2 adults and 4 kids thats about $4600 so I'd say your cost is about right.

But just to make sure, post your request on the Bargain Finders feature on this web site and let the Travel Agents reply with their quotes.

Regards,
Thomas
Old September 18th, 2002, 08:56 AM
Yeoman

I would check out cruisequick.com as I have found them to be the lowest. I am not affiliated in any way with them! I am only a cruiser who looks for the best price! To give you an example I was given a out the door price of 1,500.00 on the Explorer for an inside cabin including the single supplement. Cruisequick.com's price was 899.00. Both rates without airfare!

Happy Sailing!
Carol
Old September 19th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Natanya

I checked a site and the difference between a Cat. 11 & 8A was almost $600 pp. Unless you really want the Cat. 11 (we had one on last cruise - nice but were upgraded from 8A) I would rebook for a Cat. 8 L-shaped cabin aft & book a quad across the hall. $1200 is a lot of souveniers.
Old October 11th, 2002, 01:20 PM
jasjam12

We booked a 6 day Western Carribean category 6C, about a month and a half before the cruise I called and asked how much to upgrade to a catergory 11 (mini-suite with balcony, Carnival Inspiration) and for $76.00 more total got a category 11 (no obstruction or anything, on Veranda deck). Original price paid was $719pp for the 6C.
So total price was $1514.00 for 2 people.