Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Passenger

Default riviera deck

we have a cabin with window on the riviera deck, do someone have experience staying on the riviera deck? are the windows big and are they clean? is there much waiting room by the elevators? what about the stairs, is it much too the diningrooms and the pool area?
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Admiral

Default Re: riviera deck

Windows are about 3x3 and as you are closer to the waterline they get ocean spray but they are just fine. You are on the lowest passenger deck but the elevators are there for you if you have problems with stairs and the stairs are great to walk off the excess food you will consume.
Jim

Old August 27th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the riviera deck and had a room with a window. We loved it. The window was clean and the view was beautiful. We never had to wait long at all for an elevator. If you take the stairs to the dining room, it's either 3 or 4 decks up....we always took the elevator. Same with the pools...we took the elevator up and it was no problem at all. I'd definitely stay on riviera again.
Kris

Carnival Glory - 7/31/04
Old August 27th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: riviera deck

I've stayed on the Riviera deck twice....Ecstasy and Miracle. No complaints here about the location. The window is a very nice size, relatively clean, other than some mist.
Old August 27th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

We stayed on the Riveria deck also. No problem at all with the elevators or room. The only downfall is when they disembark you can be one of the last ones to get off. But that isn't necessarily a bad thing either! We like to stay as long as we could.
Old August 27th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Yeoman

If it is a Spirit class ship, the dining room is only 1 level up (deck 2), and the Conquest ships, it is 2 levels up (deck 3). The Fantasy class is a few more level up towards the top, but still not bad (deck 5) We were on teh Ecstasy in January and I loved the Riviera deck. Closer to the water and it was so nice to wake up in the morning, look out the window and be right there with the water. Even though the windows don't open, we could still lay in bed at night and here the water splashing against the ship. It was lovely. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

Carnival Liberty
Old August 28th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarCruiser

Well we stayed on the Riviera deck and its GREAT!!Its just like the other decks but just lower!!
Old August 28th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've sailed twice in Carnival, and both times have booked a cabin on the Riviera deck. The first time we had an inside cabin, and the second time an outside cabin. I will never go with an inside cabin again.

Having a window is so much fun, especially for first time cruisers like my mom. She would put a pillow on the windowsill and prop her elbows and just marvel at the expanded sea. The only drawback I find with booking a cabin on the Riviera deck is when doing the muster drill. You have to climb the stairs all the way to your assigned muster station, and for us that was a couple of decks up (I can't remember the exact deck, but by the time we got there we were all out of breath).

Our last cruise was on the Ecstasy and our cabin was aft, and during our first night sailing I was harshly awakened by a horrible noise coming from God-knows-where. It was soooo loud I had a hard time getting back to sleep, but by the second night the noise was gone, and it never bothered me again.
Old August 29th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Passenger

We enjoyed the Riviera Deck on the Conquest last June........everything that people have posted I say "ditto" to.....even the couple of breathless flights up to muster drill. Needed the exercise though......so, no problem, Mon!~
Old August 29th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Passenger

thank you very much for sharing your experience on riviera deck with me, now i know wath to expect,. About the desimbarking, deck 1 they call as the last one, what time is that, and where do I have to wait,? in my room or somewhere else?, and is there time to have breakfast?
Old August 29th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

There was plenty of time to have breakfast. We planned on carrying all our stuff off, so we left it in the room and went to eat. Unfortunately, the steawards got a bit ahead of themselves and started cleaning the rooms. When we got back my purse, with all my important docs, was sitting on the bed with the stateroom door wide open. Nothing was amiss, I was just aggravated.... we waited for about 90 minutes in the room and all used the bathroom that the steward had just cleaned. I'm sure they weren't too happy about that...............
Old August 30th, 2004, 08:27 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: riviera deck

I don't think they call by certain levels. We were on the 6th level and we got called first.
Old August 31st, 2004, 12:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Piggybacking on what another poster wrote, I thought I was being smart by putting my DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door when we returned to port so the steward would not bother us while we waited to get off the ship.

My mom and sister went to eat breakfast while I waited in the cabin, and to my surprise the steward knocked on the door and told me that I had to leave the cabin because they were getting it cleaned for the next cruisers. He walked away and left my cabin wide open, not to mention my wide open mouth. I was totally stunned by the lack of consideration, and privacy.
He wasn't rude in any way, I was just surprised that he had knocked on the door even with the DO NOT DISTURB sign hanging from the knob.