Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Admiral

Default Holiday 1/04/03

Hi fellow cruisers,
This will be my first cruise experience. I'm glad to see there are some postive experiences lately on this ship. I was not aware of the age of the Holiday and that has me worried about the quality of the accommodations. We picked this cruise because of the departure port. We wanted to get in a visit to New Orleans at the same time. If anyone would like to let me know personally about their experience on this particular cruise or give me some need to know facts in general, I would love that. You can answer me on here or shoot me an email. I was wondering if anyone is going to be leaving out on this date (01/04/03)? Also if anyone has been and would recommend any of the excursions that will be offered. Thanks, Cindy
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2002, 07:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Holiday 1/04/03

HI
I am leaving on 9/28 for Holiday cruise. I will tell you everything and write a review when I return.
Old September 20th, 2002, 08:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Holiday 1/04/03

Sara,
Great ........thanks sooo much
Old September 21st, 2002, 04:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Holiday 1/04/03

I returned from the 9/5/02 Holiday...and if you've seen my post, you'll know I had a wonderful time. The Holiday was smaller than most I've been on, but just as much fun! It has been refurbished and is shiny clean! I cannot say anything was amiss during the entire cruise. The crew was super-friendly and helpful, the food was to die for, and the other passengers were fun to be around. I was sitting w/some wonderful folks in the Four Winds Dining Room, and our waiters were fantastic! They kept us entertained, as well as providing the best and most competent service I had on any cruise ship. You'll love it! HeeHaHa (you'll know what I mean by that when you meet the cruise director Dave.)
Old September 21st, 2002, 10:36 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Holiday 1/04/03

Thanks so much for the reply. It puts me at ease and if possible even more excited knowing that you enjoyed your cruise. Our count is up to 19 family members that will be on this cruise. We were all hoping to have tons of fun and I think from your experience we will.
Old September 22nd, 2002, 10:43 AM
Passenger

We also had a fantastic cruise on the Holiday in April. The food, service, a nd shows were all great! The shore excursions we took were Tulum and Xelha. This tour was of the ruins (Which were beautiful backed up against the sea . Boring to me, interesting to my husband.) and a beautiful park called Xelha. I loved Xelha and could have spent the entire day snorkeling and exploring. We were only there about one hour .
Tons of fish! We had a stop at a jewelry factory which took up a lot of time, the ruins was the next stop and then on to Xelha. If I had to do it over I. would have taken a bus or taxi to Xelha. In Cozmel we did the Submarine. Did not see alot of sea life. Interesting being under 100 ft. Everything is blue so the fish look blue too. saw maybe three or four fish and a ray. Also did the Cozmel sail,snorkel and beach party.
Where we snorkeled I did not see any fish. My husband saw one. The beach was prett y the water was clear and beautiful just no sealife. Wished we had done a reef snorkel. We stayed at the Madewood Plantation the night before our cruise. It is about a hour away. Had candlelight dinner and also a wonderful breakfast and a tour of the home. We had trouble getting a room in New Orleans because of the Jazz Fest so we
stayed at the plantation and did tour of Oak Alley also. Had a wonderful time! Cruise was wonderful. After the cruise we went to check on our beach house in Navarre Fl (we rent out and have to check on it ) since it was so close. The beaches on the Emerald Coast are as beautiful has some of the Carribean Islands.
Old September 22nd, 2002, 05:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Holiday 1/04/03

Thank you too Bahia for the feedback. Hearing your experiences really help me to decide on what to do. These messages are invaluable especially for the first time cruiser. I'm really glad I found this board. I have a question on cruise wear for this ship. The TA said it was dressy casual. What was your experience with the nightly dinners and also the captain's dinner? Thanks again, Cindy
Old September 23rd, 2002, 06:29 PM
Passenger

We were on the five day cruise and had one formal night. More women were dressed up than men. The women had on formals, church dresses, sun dresses, cocktail dresses and dress pants. The men had on mostly suits or sports coat and slacks.and a few had on tux. Tux can be rented on the ship, I think you have to order ahead for size. If you want you can rent for less than 100.00 for one white and one black ,everything but the shoes, ( for the whole cruise ) Call 1800carnival they will give you all the details. I saw a shop on the ship with formals but I do not know if they rent or buy. I brought my own. All other nights women can wear anything but shorts. Men wear(suppose to) dress pants with polo or button down shirt, saw some suits and sport coats. no shorts for men. Breakfast and lunch in the main dinning room you can wear what you want, just no swim suits. The captains cocktail party was on the formal night (before dinner) If I remember right. If you are cold natured you may want a dress with a jacket. They keep the ship cold in the dinning rooms, bars, and shows. Hope this helps.
Old September 24th, 2002, 01:24 PM
Beginner

Hi Cindy,
My husband and I sailed out of new orleans on the holiday on sept 5. It was our first cruise and we had a great time. The food and service was sososo good......we were waiting on hand and foot....it was great.
We did the Island Adventure snorkle tour and had a great time. Then we took a taxi to town and shopped...it was a great day.
If you meet in the conference room for the talk with Dave, the director, he will give you so many helpful hints on going ashore. You should try to make it.
Our trip was so wonderful. Just enjoy every minute of it as you will miss it so much when you return....we did.
shery