Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2002, 02:00 PM
julio

Default Best ship and destination for fun

I have cruised before but my girl has not. We are looking for the best ship from Miami which can offer wild fun. We love single crowds by the way. Dont particularly like hanging out with honeymooners. Also what is the ideal length so we can establish a group of friends? 4,5,6 or 7 days?
Thanks
Julio
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2002, 03:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Best ship and destination for fun

Wild fun? Not sure what you mean by that but cruise ships are supposed to be fun but not wild. Most cruiselines have age restrictions and CCL states and enforces the rule that if you are under 21 you must have someone over the age of 25 accompaning you and willing to accept responsibility for your actions. There are more younger folks onboard the short 3 and 4 day cruises but they are having lots of fun, just nothing wild. You want 'wild' partying then maybe a land resort in Cancun is your better bet.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old September 23rd, 2002, 09:01 PM
Sue Sue

Default Re: Best ship and destination for fun

Hi Julio, I can not give any advice on which ship to sail on, I can however suggest you not choose the Paradise for wild fun. It sems like the climate aboard the Paradise is somewhat calm. Why, I'm not sure, but my family and I have sailed on her 3 times now with our 4th and 5th voyages booked for next year. The laid back and relaxed atmosphere is something we look forward too. I have heard that other Carnival ships are more lively and hope other cruisers can steer you in the right direction. Have a wonderful time on your trip regardless of where you end up. Sue Sue
Old September 24th, 2002, 07:23 AM
jess98ac

Default Re: Re: Best ship and destination for fun

Julio -
11 of us (all in our 20's) did the Carnival Triumph 2 years ago out of Miami and had a BLAST. We did the 7 day Western Caribbean. I would definitely suggest Western for a more "fun" time. The ports are a bit more of party type ports than others. Cozumel is a great party town without being as cheesy as Cancun can get. Carlos n Charlies is probably the best bar I've ever been to, talk about WILD! Also, there are always going to be honeymooners on pretty much any cruise you go on. If they're not looking to party, they'll just stay out of the partiers way. Sometimes they can be the wildest people on board!!