Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Passenger

Default When do they assign cabins?

I want to check for my cabin assignment by using the Kelly method for my November 16th Triumph sailing, but I am not sure when they start assigning cabins. Thanks for any input!

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Admiral

Default Re: When do they assign cabins?

What's the Kelly method? I have had some cabin assignments right away and others not til I got my ticket.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old September 30th, 2002, 10:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: When do they assign cabins?

I got my cabin number when I booked my cruise thru Carnival 6 months ahead of time.
Old October 1st, 2002, 09:43 AM
TomS

The "Kelly method" works like this. You go to the gifts and services section of Carnival's website. You select an item to purchase (you don't have to purchase anything). You enter your booking number, and start entering cabin numbers until you get to the next step in the purchasing process. That will give you your cabin number. The cabins are usually assigned 30 to 45 days out.

TomS
Old October 1st, 2002, 11:44 AM
Passenger

Thanks, TomS, for describing the Kelly Method. I have never tried it, but I have read about it many time here on the boards, and I am going to try it for this cruise.

Thanks!

Old October 6th, 2002, 10:51 PM
SEW

Default Re: Re: When do they assign cabins?

I was just reading about the Kelly method and decided to try it. It worked! Now what do I do if they gave me the wrong room? I paid for a room with an ocean view but I have an inside room according to the Kelly method. How do I complain about it if I am not suspose to know what room I have until I get my tickets? I leave Nov 9 so I was told my tickets would be in 2 weeks before we leave. My sister is going with us and she paid for an inside room. I found 2 rooms since they are both under the same booking number. Both rooms are inside rooms just 1 of them has 2 upper. Any suggestions? Should I just wait until I get my tickets to say anything?

Thanks Sue W
Old October 7th, 2002, 08:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: When do they assign cabins?

Sue I would call your TA immediately. The oceanviews are more money and either you need to get a refund or get the oceanview in my opinion. When is your cruise? I tried the Kelly method and either did not try hard enough or the cabins haven't been assigned which is probably more likely.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 7th, 2002, 10:11 AM
SEW

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: When do they assign cabins?

Diane. Well I did call and I found out that it is a group thing and there are 15 rooms in the group all have the same booking number. So if I had kept going I would have come up with 15 rooms. Well all I really wanted to know was if we were on the bottom deck and I started at the bottom and worked up and didn't start finding rooms until I got to the upper deck. So that makes me happy. We are going on the Holiday on Nov 9th. -14th. Can't wait I am getting soooo excited. This is my first cruise. Everyone I work with just about has been cruising and they all love it. So now it is my turn.

Thanks for the advice
Sue W