Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Yeoman

Default overnight sanjuan precruise...

Sailing Carnival on 01/05/03 from SanJuan...wanting to go the day before and stay in SJ overnight...Carnival has either Condado or Wyndham in the price range we want...which place do you recommend? We would like walking distance to shopping,sites etc from the hotel. ALSO beachfront location is a must! Thanks for information! Cathy
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: overnight sanjuan precruise...

Hi Cathy,
We've stated at the Wyndham for a pre-cruise and it was located right across the street from the pier. Also close to Old San Juan and shopping, and the 2 old forts are near by, so I'd suggest that if you want to be that close to the pier.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 6th, 2002, 08:55 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: overnight sanjuan precruise...

Great thanks! Looking very forward to it!!!!!!!! Cathy
Old October 6th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Cathy,
There are 2 Wyndams in San Juan. There is the Wyndam Old San Juan in downtown Old San Juan, right across from the pier. It has NO BEACH. I doubt that it is the one Carnival is including. The other is the Wyndam El San Juan, and it is out on Isla Verde near the airport. It has a beautiful beach. It is very posh, and the hot tub on the roof is a very relaxing experience. But it is NOT close to Old San Juan and its sights nor its shopping. I have not stayed at the Condado, but I have read several posts saying it is going downhill. It is, however, right on the beach, but also not within walking distance to the sights and shopping in Old San Juan.
jennifer
Old October 7th, 2002, 10:25 AM
Admiral

Cathy, unfortunately, for Old San Juan you won't be able to enjoy both requirments: beach & historic/shopping. The Wyndham Old San Juan is probably the Carnival hotel you mentioned as they frequently house cruise line Guests. For one-night this is your best option. As mentioned, the Condado is a section of beach, but the hotel is not being given favorable reviews. Now, the Wyndham El San Juan is right on the beach and fabulous but usually at a very high nightly rate. Regular rack rate is $295+. To experience the most in a little time, I highly recommend the Wyndham Old San Juan as you are right in the heart of this beautifully restored historic area. Walk or take a freee trolley to see the sites.
Bon Voyage