Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2002, 11:25 AM
Really Jazzed

Default Carnival ECSTASY

Ok, so i have been checking this site for weeks now looking for information the this boat, and it doesn't look like anyone takes it. Is this not really cruising? Can anyone give me the lowdown on the food? I read someplace that the pools were filled with salt water. Is that BS? Also, I am driving from N Ca to Long Beach, is the exit for the terminal clearly marked? How long before the boat leaves can we get on board? Also, the day we come back, can you stay in your room until disembarking? I thought in the old days you could smack golf balls off the back of the boat. Do they not do this anymore? If you can't tell, this is our first time. If we like it, I think we will try for one of the bigboy ships that everyone else seems to be going on.
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival ECSTASY

Hello!
I enjoyed the Ecstasy very much. You can start boarding about 1230pm. You cant stay in your room until it is time to disembark. The food is really good I love it. I usually gain about 5 pounds on each cruise I go on. So take the stairs when you can I am not sure how the exit is marked i dont pay attention that much when my hubby drives. I have not seen anyone hit golf balls off the ship but who knows maybe I hope that helps!

Bon Voyage!

Have a great time!
Bethany
Old October 7th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

It's been a while since I went on this ship (1992). At the time she was a brand new ship and one of the largest. It was a really nice ship, the food was good and the water in the pool is ocean water. They empty them out everynight and refill in the morning. you will enjoy the Ectasy. I can not help you with the ports since I sailed out of Miami, Florida.
Check out this site its a visual ship tour fo the ectasy.
http://www.mytravelco.com/cruises/cr...=817&SC=EC&id=

I hope you enjoy your first cruise experience.
Old October 7th, 2002, 10:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival ECSTASY

we sailed on the ecstasy in april 2002 and really enjoyed it. in fact this experience hooked us on cruising and have booked a bahamas cruise on the fantasy for march of next year. the food was fantastic, but the portions were small. on the formal night we ordered both the prime rib and lobster. service was wonderful, in fact we still talk about our server florentine and how much he added to the fun of our cruise. catalina island was really enjoyable and scenic. ensenada was interesting, but it was raining the day we were there, so didn't get to fully take advantage of our tour. you'll love this cruise. we also read many negative reviews about this ship, but i can say we were pleasantly surprised by the quality of this cruise.
Old October 8th, 2002, 10:50 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Hey Jazz,

No one can plunk golf balls anymore because they could harm wildlife.

In terms of driving directions, go to the Port of Los Angeles web site and they have a link for directions. The one tricky spot is to bear right so that you DON'T go over the suspension bridge.

I am doing a second time on Ecstasy in January. I always have a good time -- looks like a Vegas hotel.

Hope that helps,

Harry
Old October 8th, 2002, 11:45 AM
Really Jazzed

Thanks Harry. You rule. I will keep an eye out for the right turn.
Golf balls hurt wildlife? Has someone been watching to many Sienfeld episodes?
Old October 8th, 2002, 05:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival ECSTASY

HI Jazzed,

I agree with all the previous posters, but have been on a Carnival ship, years ago, the TROPICALE where they drove golf balls off the stern of the ship.

But, upon reflection, I'm certain you could see that, since the golf balls aren't retrievable, this puts several hundreds of golf balls drifting down through the ocean to the sea floor. Many of these golf balls are "hit" on by marine life, only to be swallowed.
As you might guess, this can create incredible problems with their gastronomical system (I won't go into any graphic detail)...

I think you'll love the Ecstasy, a sister ship of the ELATION, which I cruise on quite often. Just follow the directions on the Harbor Freeway as you near the Port of San Pedro.

Happy cruising,

Gary
Old October 9th, 2002, 11:44 AM
Passenger

SOUP, why cant you just say you didnt like the ship and its not for you! You are the kind of person that seems to never be satisfied Honestly The ecstasy is old, and in a year or two it may need to be sunk but why try and make someone feel bad about booking it?
I am a travel agent and I have not heard anyone talk bad about the ship like you have. I am in LA and I book a lot of cruises on that ship. The tiles in tha bathroom thing, you are crazy first of all that is a health hazard and they can get sued for having un safe cabins, and I am sure that if you complained they would have fixed it. If you dont like the ship leave it at that. But each sailing is different. They could have fixed the tiles by now, cleaned the carpets better and etc. You know how crazy people can get on these cruises, maybe they had a crazy bunch of people that made messes and didnt get a chance to thoroughly steam clean the carpets the week you were on. Who knows. As far as I am concerned it is a great ship I had tons of fun and would book it again if it was in a different area (I have done baja 4 times) or the price was really right.

Bethany

Holiday-1999
Holiday-2000
Elation-2001
Ectsast-2001
Inspiration-2002
Old October 10th, 2002, 11:08 AM
Passenger

Ok
First of all The ecstasy must be selling like hot cakes because the PRIDE is taking the Elations Itinerary not the ecstasy.so the ecstasy will be here longer!
How would a room steward know of funds available? I am sure Carnival doesnt dispose that information to just anyone. I have joked with my co workers about getting new paint or carpet in our office for a while(we actually got new carpet YEAH!) That we dont have funds available for that and we will never get it. People joke about things like that. Times ar hard right now, it makes times easier. I just find it hard to believe that a room steward would have that kind of information. Just dont try and ruins someones good time and first cruise experience because you didnt like the ship. So dont go on carnival again. But let people decide that for themselves.
So tell me again why the PRIDE is replacing the ECSTASY?
Bethany
Old October 10th, 2002, 03:48 PM
Passenger

Hi there!
You can just wear a shirt and tie. If you go to dinner its Lobster or Prime Rib (I Think) some other choices too. There is a welcom aboard cocktail party with FREE cocktails and food. I would go, it is fun and you can get soem formal pictures done. But if that is not your thing You wouldnt miss that much.

Bon Voyage

Bethany
Old October 10th, 2002, 04:24 PM
tg

I just made reservations for my husbands 50th birthday surprise. We have gone on
the Elation before so I'm really excided about this cruise too. When are you planning
to go? We are going in February. Have fun!!!
Old October 10th, 2002, 06:20 PM
Passenger

Tg,
We are going next Friday, 8 days and counting. If I could make that stupid count down thing work i wouldn't have to bother telling people. Anyway, this is our first time, and I am really looking forward to it. I just stumbled into this web site after booking the trip, now I am like a crack head looking for another cruise to take before we have even gone on this one. I want to do the Western Carribean next time, probably out of La so we can hit Jamica. I have always wanted to go there. Anyway this site has been a wealth of information. Thanks to everyone for all the information. Everyone on here seems to think that Carnival has the best ships. I think we will book on a new one next time so we can see what thats like.

Shannon
Old October 12th, 2002, 10:29 AM
candi

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival ECSTASY

Don't worry you will have a great time. I went on this cruise last April. My daughter and I both had a blast. Formal night was fun. Lots of pictures and great food. Don't miss it. The captain's cocktail party is good. Free drinks. Enjoy.
Candi
Old October 13th, 2002, 05:15 PM
tg

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival ECSTASY

My hubby and I are going on this cruise in February and I was wondering what the
weather will be like. Does anybody know?