Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2002, 10:54 AM
Barb S.

Default Return Flight Times HELP

We are sailing on the Paradise 2/23/03. My info from Carnival indicates that the earliest time we can book a return flight is 1PM. There is a flight available at 12:40 that would save me nearly $1000 for a family of 4. When I called guest services, the gal told me that I could try talking to the Purser about getting off first and then take a cab instead of transfers. Does anyone have experience with doing this? Makes me a little nervous since there are no guarantees. Thanks for any input..........Barb
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Return Flight Times HELP

Hi Barb,
I would do exactly that and let the pursers office know that you have an early flight, they should give you a color that will get you off the ship early. We had that same problem with our Alaska cruise a few weeks ago, we had an 11:10 flight out of Vancouver which we made with no problem. A lot will depend on when they can clear the ship and start letting passengers disembark, but I think you should make it OK. I would also definitely just grab a cab instead of going with the cruise transfers and waiting for a bus load of people to go to the airport, worked out well for us too. We were off the ship before 8 and in fact had a few hours to sit at the airport.

Good Luck.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 10th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I agree with Donna - grab that 12:40 flight and take a cab to the airport.

Old October 10th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Return Flight Times HELP

I too agree with Donna as I am doing the same thing on our cruise. I am booking a noon flight out. Saving $1000 is tremendous and you could use that for your cruise instead of airfare! Have fun!

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 10th, 2002, 02:42 PM
Admiral

I totally agree. Make sure everyone gets the Early Flight tags, clears customs on board ship early, and meets early in the designated lounge. If you have transfers make sure either to will leave quickly via bus or get a Van Taxi and spend the extra money. On the Pride, we had a 12:50 p.m. flight from Port Canaveral to Orlando (a 45 min. drive), We made it with 2 hrs. to spare on the Delta bus, which was one of the 1st. to leave.
Bon Voyage
Old October 11th, 2002, 07:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Return Flight Times HELP

I'd definitely keep my 12:40 flight! Wow - $1,000 - that's some savings! The above posters know what they're saying about letting the purser know. People usually have more 'wait' time at the airports than in port. BUT, I'd sure take a taxi and use a little of that $1,000 for "insurance". Have a great cruise!
Old October 15th, 2002, 02:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default what about 10:55 flight

We are going on a cruise in Jan from Miami on a 4 day on the imagination. There are several friends going and all of us got the 1:15 flight returning to RDU. A friend of mine that is going could not get on that plane and booked a flight leaving at 10:55 AM. We are supposed to get to port at 8:00 and I know she needs to talk to purser after reading what people have posted but is she pushing it. Don't you have to be at the airport 90 minutes early or are there exceptions. What time do you think would be the earliest she could get off boat?????????
Old October 15th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Admiral

Your friend will definetly need Early Flight Tags and must get a taxi to the airport. A transfer won't do. Check in time is back to one-hour in most USA airports for domestic flights. Worse case scenario, he should have a copy of the next flight with him on his airlines and be ready to pay the new change fee that is being imposed if you miss a flight. It is not free for standby anymore. Ship's cannot embark until everyone has cleared customs. Everyone must clear on board ship now not non-USA citizens. If he has carry-0ff luggage, that will save a few minutes from finding the bags in the port terminal, too.