Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 10th, 2002, 03:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Can 13 year olds get in jacuzzi??

Was wondering if 13 year olds could get in jazuzzi? Went on carnival couple years ago when they were 11 and they could BUT went on Royal Caribbean (sovereign of the seas) and they could not . By the way we had a LARGE group on the sovereign and everyone that had been on a carnival ship before says they will NEVER go on a Royal Caribbean cruise again. (Might think about it IF is was totally FREE). THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2002, 04:56 PM
Salem5050

Default Re: Can 13 year olds get in jacuzzi??

What did you not like about RC cruise? I have only been on one cruise and it was RC I am going on second cruise on Carnival, and some people keep telling me Carnival is a down grade from RC.
Mary Margaret
Old October 10th, 2002, 06:05 PM
Passenger

Default salem 5050

To answer your question about what I did not like on Royal Caribbean:
There was a group of 100 family and friends arranging in ages 5-60. A lot of them were first time cruisers BUT there were about 40 or so that had been on a carnival ship the year prior. We went on RC in Jan 2000. The ones that had been on carnival previously noticed as SOON as we walked on the ship the atomsphere and music was NOT like Carnival. I am 45 years old and I guess most that went were in that age group. We like to have fun (no staying drunk) just participates in every contest, game they have. The FUNSHIP "party" atomsphere was not near as much on the RC. The only thing the RC had that carnival did not and it was fun was the scavenger hunt (for adults) both have scavenger hunts for children. The children who had been on the carnival were disappointed NO WATER SLIDE, no 24 hour pizza, no ice cream. We stayed on the empress deck inside on both the RC and the Carnival and the rooms were smaller on the RC. We asked our room steward to remove a chair just so we could have someplace to put our luggage.The age group on the RC were much older than we were. I mean 70's and probably above. Don't get me wrong it is great that elderly people can travel and have fun and when I get that age and want the peace and quiet then I would probably consider RC over Carnival but not while I am in my 40's and have a thirteen year old. The children preferred the carnival by far. The food was good on both ships and the ports were good on both ships but actually staying on the ship we all preferred carnival. Our travel agent told us RC was a step above carnival and recommended this ship. We all thought different. We are all pretty average people who just like to have a lot going on and have fun. Participating in the games is hilarious. With a group as large as ours someone was participating in all the games. We are going on the Imagination in January

Plus for RC if you do not want the party atomsphere and you are older.
Carnivals room larger.
Old October 10th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: salem 5050

I agree whole heartedly with ncarolina111. I've been on Carnival 3 times, the 4th time we had a free cruise on Royal Carib. It was nice but we liked Carnival better. In fact this next cruise we are taking, I could have gotten the RCCL ship for less money but my husband and I both agreed we will stick with Carnival.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 10th, 2002, 09:26 PM
Salem5050

Default Re: Re: salem 5050

Well my husband and I are in our 50s and we are kinda party people...so I am glad Carnival sounds more like what we would like. I found the RC cruise a little too quiet.
Thanks all for the advice.
Old October 10th, 2002, 10:56 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Can 13 year olds get in jacuzzi??

As long as you don't let the teen in the ADULT ONLY hot tubs, there should not be too much of a problem. Some of us get really upset when people don't follow the posted rules and let the kiddies hog the tubs that are supposed to be only for the adults. Just common courtesy, imho, to follow the posted rules.