Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 13th, 2002, 08:03 PM
Passenger

Default bahamas in march

My husband and I are booked on the Fantasy for March2-6. We've been wondering about the weather this time of year, as many reviews we've read seem to suggest windy and rainy conditions more often this time of year compared to January or February. Is this so? Some say many shore tours cancelled because of weather. We'll have a great time no matter what just because we're on a cruise. We bought some really terrific airline tickets for this time. Couldn't pass them up. Will spring break be well underway or is that later in March and April?

Old October 14th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Admiral

Default Re: bahamas in march

I don't know about the weather but like you said you will have a good time regardless. I believe spring break starts a week later but if I'm wrong someone here will catch it. At least my kids start 1-2 weeks later.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 14th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Admiral

Default Re: bahamas in march

SueAnn, our local schools start break the week of President's Day, with NH closed the following week which is the last week of February. March often starts the College breaks, too. Keep in mind, Carnival will not allow passengers under 21 to be in a cabin without someone who is over 25 with the exception being for older children traveling with parents and the newlyweds.

We were on the Pride last year the week of Feb. 24. The seas were high and rough although the day was sunny at about 70 degrees in Nassau. I definetely regretted not bringing a pair of casual slacks to wear (luckily I had capri pants and a light windbreaker). It was definetly not beach weather although at Atlantis where we did tour, there were plenty of people lying out in the sun. This resort in its half moon shape sheltered some of the wind. Tours were cancelled to Salt Cay due to the high and roung seas. You would get sick just looking at a small boat bobbing around out there. Prime season in Nassua is April to the end of August. Just don't have your heart set on snorkeling or sun bathing. Have a plan B. Our taxi was $4 pp and we did the tour of the Dig for $25pp. It was a great day and experience.
Bon Voyage
Old October 14th, 2002, 07:33 PM
Adam C.

Default Re: Re: bahamas in march

College spring breaks are normally around 2 or 3rd week of march (give or take a week) while high schools normally have ashort one around presindent's week in february and another one sometime in april (the timing also depends on the location in the US)