Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2002, 05:10 PM
tjfrancis

Default MIAMI HOTELS

Just wondering if anyone can tell me about some reasonable rates on rooms close to Miami airport and pier. I am sailing Imagination Jan 25, and want to go down on the 24th, just in case it snows, etc. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2002, 06:34 PM
Dwynn

Default Re: MIAMI HOTELS

If you use priceline.com, you can pick the area where you want to stay. We're flying into and staying in Fort Lauderdale on the 24th. Carnival has transfers from that airport (it's only about 20 miles from the Miami pier). Booked at the Sheraton Airport for less that $50/night. It's really up to you. I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Vancouver when I went to Alaska because I saw that all of the downtown hotels were near the pier. Priceline.com shows a map of the city you want. For a listing of rates, check hotelreservations.com. They are quite reasonable and you know what hotel you'll be at (with priceline it's a crapshoot). i have to say that I've never been disappointed in priceline or HRN.
Old October 14th, 2002, 07:43 PM
hune

here's a tip. my way of showing my appreciation for all the help i got here.

this post will be more helpful to those who don't mind being a few miles (15 aprox.) away from the airport and port than for tj. i found hotels on south beach for between $30-$40 on www.travelworm.com! the cheapest on for that area.

i know...you get what you pay for, but i want to be in the center of things for our short stay in miami before the cruise. so if you want to check out south beach while you are in miami, check this website.

Hune
Old October 15th, 2002, 03:40 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: MIAMI HOTELS

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency in downtown Miami for our pre-cruise stay thanks to priceline.
We chose a 3 star hotel in downtown Miami (port area) with a $45 bid and got the Hyatt. With taxes it comes to $56.58/night for each room.

If you go to the Hyatt's website those same rooms are going for $250 and up for that date. Thanks priceline!

It is a 5 minute cab ride to the cruise ship, $5-6 dollars.

we are taking the floridalimo.com towncar services from the Fort Lauderdale airport for $55 total (4 people).
Old October 20th, 2002, 05:01 PM
Adam C.

There is a Day's Inn (1050 NW 14th Street / Miami, FL 33136) that's about halfway between the pier and the airport. It's not the Ritz but for a night, it's not bad. My girlfriend and I are staying there the night before our cruise and it's only runnign about $60. You may want to double check but I believe this hotel also provdes free transportation to and from the airport, pier, and downtown Miami. The money you save on cab rides alone make this deal even better. Seemed like a very reasonable deal.
Old October 24th, 2002, 02:32 PM
First Mate

If you are interested in South Beach - we got the Holiday Inn South Beach for $45 through Priceline - it was very nice! I hope this helps!
Old November 9th, 2002, 11:01 AM
Passenger

I went throught Priceline and got the Hyatt for March 15 for $55 per night. If you go this route be sure and go to WWW.bidding for travel.com to read about "how to's" before hand. Good Luck!
kim