Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2002, 10:21 PM
mnhenderson

Default Pride review- Oct.5 sailing ,day one.....

here goes. I hope I can remember everything.
Saturday- We left Columbus 1 hour late. The jump seat on the plane was broken and had to be fixed. I was a little bit panicked because we have never flown in on the day of sailing. (We had to the fly the day of because we changed cruises at the last minute. We were supposed to be on the Fantasy to Nassau, but were switched to the Pride due to overbooking problems. ) We arrived in Orlando and picked up the rental car at Avis, and away we went. We turned in the car at the Radisson and hopped a shuttle to the port. We arrived at the port and embarkation was a breeze. We got there at about 2:00 pm and there was no line to speak of. We were on the ship and in our cabin by 2:15. The canapť tray that I ordered was warm and not as nice as the last one we had .I was afraid to eat it because of the warmth of the food .I was told to tell the hostess in the dining room, who took care of it and replaced it with several bottles of Champagne. We were in Riviera 1196. We really liked being on this floor. We only had to go up 1 or 2 floors to most activities. The only long hike was the one to the Lido deck for breakfast or to swim. I took all nine flights of stairs every morning for breakfast to try to balance the food intake (which was tremendous). We met our steward Edward because we needed a life jacket for Wyatt (our 6 year old son). He was very quick about it and filled our cooler with ice while we were at the life boat drill. We brought some mountain dew and wine along with us and he kept it chilled at all times. We went up top to the sail away party and met up with Cindy, Brad and family. We then headed for the neon sailor hats and met up with the fun fest bunch .Hi GiGi !!!
Our first night at dinner was excellent .Our waiters were Reynaldo and David. They catered to Wyatt and after the first night always had the tea and water glasses full and a glass of milk for Wyatt .Reynaldo even made Wyatt a banana split every night after dinner. The food was awesome. I believe the quality has improved even since our sailing in November. There was always so much to choose from that I had trouble narrowing it down. We ate there every night except Thursday .We ate at Davids. That will take a whole paragraph to talk about, so I will get to it later.
We went to the Camp Carnival meeting to get Wyatt signed up. If your children are going to participate, you really should go to the meeting. They give you a lot of information. Camp Carnival is one of the main reasons we have come back to cruising year after year. We are able to relax knowing Wyatt is somewhere safe and happy. He begs to go in the morning and we have to just about pull him out for lunch and dinner. They have so many activities that he never gets bored and we get to have some couple time. Thatís hard to do on a land vacation. We only used the late night sitting a few nights when we wanted to see an R rated comedian. He is very well behaved and sat through each of the other shows very well.
I will do my best to get to day 2 and 3 tomorrow. I seem to have brought a cold home with me and the night time medicine has kicked in. Good night! Mariann
Sponsored Links