Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2002, 11:32 PM
mnhenderson

Default Pride review- Oct.5 sailing , the conclusion

Well the week is coming to an end. I hope my review has been helpful or possibly entertaining for you. The last two days were at sea days. I really liked ending the cruse this way. It was very relaxing.
Thursday we slept until 9:00.Even Wyatt slept in (which is unheard of). We had breakfast in the mermaid grill. I decided to have just a bowl of cereal. (Is it possible to get tired of eating!!?) We ate beside the pool, so we could listen to the morning trivia session.
Wyatt decided to go to camp after breakfast, and Brian and I went down to play win lose or draw. This was a very fun activity. There were about 20 of us and the guys were against the girls. I have never heard so many whiners in my life. ! Those men complained every time we ladies got one right. (That was too easy; they get all the good ones.) We really had a blast and all the teasing was done in fun. The ladies won of course! The afternoon was spent napping on the pool deck and getting a little last minute sun.
We picked Wyatt up for lunch and let him swim and use the water slide. What a blast. Just watch the last couple of turns. You really pick up speed. (Keep your mouths closed-the salt water rushes up at the end)
This was the second formal night and we had reservations at Davidís for 7:00.Wyatt did not want to eat alone, so we took him up to camp to eat with the other kids. They let the kids eat with camp on both formal nights. It is a nice service if you donít want to dress the kids up or worry about how they might behave at dinner. Wyatt ate with us the first formal night, but this night was all adult.
Davidís was so worth the $50.00 charge. The food and service we received would easily cost 150.00 dollars or more on land. The dinner lasted 2 hours and really seemed to fly by. The service was just wonderful and we barely had room for dessert. I did however manage to squeeze in some flourless chocolate cake. It was to die for. (I can almost taste it if I shut my eyes really tight) We picked Wyatt up and went to the show. This was my favorite show. Vroom was a rock through the ages tribute. I thought they did an excellent job. One of the dancers kissed Wyatt during the show. He was in heaven.
We managed to stay up and take pictures of the grand buffet, but Wyatt zonked before they opened back up for the eating part.

Friday was my spa appointment at 9:00am.I left the guys sleeping and grabbed a banana and a danish before heading to the salon. This was such a great deal. I got a mini facial, a foot and ankle massage and a scalp massage (all for $35.00) Samantha even through in a hand massage while we waited for the mask to dry. She did not ask me to buy anything (which was a first) I tipped her a little extra for just letting me relax.
This was family afternoon at camp carnival, so I was drafted for the scavenger hunt and family karaoke. We tied for first place in the scavenger hunt. We had to get creative because they wanted us to find a red sock (who has red socks on a cruise?) We drew one and they accepted that. Karioke was fun and we got a medal for our duet of ďover the rainbowĒ. The rest of the afternoon we did some last minute shopping, packed and relaxed in the cabin.
Dinner was a little sad, because we had to say goodbye to our wonderful waiters. Reynaldo and David were so good to us the whole week. We added a little extra to the tip envelope. After dinner we went back to our cabin and found a cookie for Wyatt and a little note from Edward our room steward saying thanks for his envelope. We saw him in the hall later and he said we had the cleanest child he had ever had onboard. He usually has extra work when kids are in the room. As a mom who worries about how we present ourselves, it is nice to hear you are doing something right with your kids. We went to the show (which was not all that great), and then up to have one last snack before bed. We put the luggage out and went to sleep for the last night onboard. (BOO! HOO!)
Debarkation was the only thing I really found to complain about. It was very chaotic. The porters were pushing passengers around and it was just really unorganized.
Well thatís the end. If you have any questions, just ask! I have all the capers and the 6 to 8 year old camp activities schedule. Happy Cruising !!! Mariann
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2002, 06:52 AM
jess98ac

Default Re: Pride review- Oct.5 sailing , the conclusion

Thank you so much!!
We leave TWO WEEKS from tomorrow and can't wait. I'm glad to hear about the spa tip...I plan to splurge on a massage at some point, but for an extra $35 I might just go back on Friday for a few other treatments!!
I'm also glad to hear another good review for David's...can't wait to check it out!

Thanks!!
Old October 18th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Pride review- Oct.5 sailing , the conclusion

Thanks for posting your review, Mariann... it's been interesting and informative! Glad to hear you and your family had such a good time. You lucked out, sounds much better than the Fantasy!

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Fantasy Fest in Key West

Old October 18th, 2002, 09:49 AM
jess98ac

Default Re: Re: Pride review- Oct.5 sailing , the conclusion

Mariann -
Do you by any chance remember what else you could pick from for the spa special?
Old October 18th, 2002, 10:04 AM
mnhenderson

Default Re: Re: Re: Pride review- Oct.5 sailing , the conclusion

I think it was mini facial, hand massage,foot and ankle massage,scalp massage,hair conditioning and some kind of exfoliation.there may have been a few more.I think I covered most of them. Have a great time. Mariann
Old October 18th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Pride review- Oct.5 sailing , the conclusion

Hi!

Thanks again for the report! It is nice to read about the cruise and it gives great information! I do have one question. My husbnad and I inted to do the couple spa treatment on Royal Car. cruise line. Does Carnival have this too? Thanks for the info...

Old October 18th, 2002, 04:18 PM
mnhenderson

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pride review- Oct.5 sailing , the conclu

I am pretty sure that I read about that treatment in the brochure.I know it was available on the private island,so I would say probably on the ship as well.Have a good time. Mariann