Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2002, 08:46 AM
SteveL

Default Belize scuba w/ Carnival

We're sailing 11-9-02 on the Pride. Has anyone been on Carnival's scuba tour in Belize? If so, how much $, what Belize operator do they use, did you check with any other shore based operators, etc.? How would you compare the Belize dive with Cozumel?
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Marla

Default Re: Belize scuba w/ Carnival

Diving in Belize is totally awesome!!!! We were there on the Pride last Feb. we didn't do the ship tour instead booked w/Linda at Seasports. She really did a wonderful job and would recommend her highly! It did take up the whole day and didn't see much of Belize itself, she dropped us off at the ship on her way back to the city. I did hear that the ship sponsored dive was very good also. The ship's dive was more expensive, I think it was $140pp and Linda was $110.
We dove two sites off Segeant's Caye ~ the 1st being The Arena and after lunch (which she provided) was 3 of A Kind.
Good Luck
Old October 22nd, 2002, 03:20 PM
hzimm

Default Re: Belize scuba w/ Carnival

SteveL,

We were in Belize in February aboard the Spirit. Both my father and my husband and I put in for the ship sponsored tour. We didn't get in. After talking with the purser's office, we were told they only had openings of 15 per sailing for scuba in Belize. Needless to say, we were extremely disappointed. However, on shore we met another couple wanting to dive and ended up diving with Seasports, as mentioned in another response. Our trip and experience was outstanding, to say the least. We went with John, who was kind enough to open up his shop for us and take a group of us out. I would recommend you dive directly with them and bypass the ship's. Seasports was also cheaper than the ship's. We're returning to Belize again in January and hope to dive with them again.

Heather