Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2002, 10:59 AM
Beginner

Default FEB 8th SENSATION

HELLO MY GIRLFRIEND AND I WILL BE ON OUR FIRST CRUISE EVER. IT IS ABOARD THE CARNIVAL SENSATION FOR 5 DAYS . DEPARTING FEBRUARY 8 2003. JUST WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT THERE WILL BE ON THAT SAME CRUISE? REALLY ARE EXCITED ABOUT THIS AND WILL BE BY OURSELVES. THINKING ABOUT STINGRAY CITY IN THE CAYMANS WITH CAPTAIN MARVIN ,BUT NOT POSITIVE . ALSO SOME MYAN RUINS IN COZUMEL AND DEFFINATELY MORE SNORKLING AND BEACH TIME IF TIME PERMITS. WE ARE IN OUR MID THIRTYS AND WONDERING IF THIS SHIP WILL HAVE AN OLDER CROWD OR YOUNGER ONE. IT ALSO WILL BE NICE TO SIP PINA COLADAS WHENEVER WE CAN. MAYBE WE WILL SEE YOU ABOARD. TIM
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2002, 12:16 PM
Admiral

Default Re: FEB 8th SENSATION

I'll be there with 11 family members. First cruise for most of us. First time in the real tropics for me, though I have been to the Mediterranean and to Florida several times. I just haven't been far enough south to say I've been in the tropics. Neither have I ever seen the Southern Cross, a condition which will be corrected on Feb 8th or 9th. And I'll have a handheld GPS with me confirm when we cross Latitude 23D30M to enter the Tropic of Cancer. Look for the boisterous group playing Scrabble--I'll be the guy unjustly accused of making up words, the only quiet one in the bunch.

Steve
...I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can [Melville]
Old October 21st, 2002, 12:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: FEB 8th SENSATION

I forgot to mention: My wife and I are in our early fifties. Others in our group range from late 20s (nieces and nephews) to 1 in her early 70s (my mother-in-law).
I'm actually looking forward more to the journey than the destinations. Having been born, raised and having lived so far from the sea, I still don't know why so much salt water flows through my veins. I only know it calls me and I have to answer at least once a year, usually by running to a beach. My wife who suffers from seasickness, as I found out during a Myrtle Beach fishing trip a few years ago, has finally consented to trying a cruise, with the help of a Dramamine patch, and anti-roll ship technology. I guarantee I'll be in a lot of trouble, if one or the other fails to keep her stomach stable.
Old October 22nd, 2002, 08:59 AM
Admiral

Default Re: FEB 8th SENSATION

Hi Tim,
On the Carnival ships I think you'll find that most passengers will be around your age. Go see the maitre d' upon boarding and make sure you're seated with other couples around your age at dinner. In your Carnival Capers newsletter, which will be in your cabin upon boarding, it will say when and where to go see him.

I did the ship's tour of Tulum in Cozumel and it was really great. The transportation takes a while, since you have to take a ferry to the mainland and then a bus to the ruins, but the ruins are very interesting. The whole tour takes four or five hours because of the long ride. Bring water with you as you won't stop much. After the tour you'll have plenty of time to shop and have some margaritas in Cozumel before you return to the ship.

Steve, I recommend you bring along some ginger pills for your wife... you can find them in the herbal supplement section of the supermarket. They don't have the side effects of dramamine, and if she finds that the dramamine doesn't work for her, the ginger pills will help quell nausea after it occurs. I take Bonine every day on a cruise, and have the ginger pills as a "backup."

Hope you have smooth sailing.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Fantasy Fest in Key West