Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Beginner

Default Debarkation Questions

We are sailing on the Conquest, April '03. The ship is scheduled to be back in port (New Orleans) at 8 am in the morning. How long does it take to leave a ship and get your luggage. Are there any procedures in place whereby one can locate and pick up luggage quickly. Are taxis readily available to transport you to the airport. I am trying to schedule our flight back home after the cruise. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2002, 06:44 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Debarkation Questions

It will depend on your flight as to who they let off 1st. I've always driven in the past and we were off last. Generally by the time we found our luggage and got in our car it was close to noon. Then again you are flying. Taxis are readily available. I don't know of any easy way for your luggage other than colorful tags or something. The luggage is not all together as I have had to search sometimes all over to find it. When the family goes and we have lots of luggage I made an inventory list to check off and make sure we had everything. Hope this helps you out. Happy sailing!

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 21st, 2002, 12:28 PM
Admiral

In any port, don't schedule a return flight before 1 p.m. Customs Clearance can affect the time frame for disembarking your ship. Everyone must clear customs before anyone gets off. If you do book a flight say at 12:30 p.m., be sure to get Early flight colored tags. That way you will be one of the first groups off of the ship. Taxi's are usually awaiting you. We did this on our last cruise (Pride) and I have very distinct luggage - Leopard! We had the hardest time finding all of our pieces. We were in the right vicinity, but there are so many pieces it is just not easy even when your bags should stand out.
Bon Voyage
Old October 21st, 2002, 02:29 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Debarkation Questions

Diane,

We are driving from Canada to New Orleans in March to embark the Conquest ship. Any tips/advice as to where to park for the week. Also, how safe are the parking lots.

Much appreciated!

Irene
Old October 21st, 2002, 03:37 PM
Patticake

Default Re: Re: Re: Debarkation Questions

Did you see my reply under driving to New Orleans, Irene
Old October 21st, 2002, 04:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Debarkation Questions

Hey Irene, I didn't bother answering since Patticake did on your topic. But boy that's a long long drive.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old October 22nd, 2002, 07:42 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Debarkation Questions

Thanks Diane

Long drive but we are really looking forward to it. We are taking a couple of days to drive there. There are 8 of eight with two vehicles. Plenty of drivers.
Old October 22nd, 2002, 09:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

What a long drive!!! I am from New Orleans living in the Washington, DC area and it takes us 16 hours to get there non-stop going an average of 75-80 mph. I feel for you, but you can make it a fun trip.

Legend OTS 12/26/07
Carnival Destiny 7/1/07
Radiance OTS 12/26/06
Carnival Destiny 7/17/2005
Carnival Inspiration 12/30/2001 - Honeymoon
Old October 22nd, 2002, 12:29 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Debarkation Questions

It also depends on your cabin. If you are in a Cat 11 or 12, then you also get off first. We just got off the Ecstasy, and had a Cat 11 cabin. It was well worth the extra money to have short lines to get on ( skippers club ) and be in the first group to get off. We docked at 7:30, they started disembarking at 8:30 calling our group first. I was through customs and in my car headed hom by 8:55.
Old October 23rd, 2002, 03:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

About outgong flights after cruise...

I live near New Orleans, so I had my own car at the pier, BUT I offered to drop off two Iowa honeymooners at the airport. Their flight was for 11:30, and I dropped them off at the airport around 10:15. Debarkation was a breeze, but just in case there is something unforeseen, I would not schedule a flight out of N.O. until noon. Sometimes our city has nasty traffic jams, even with the 8 lanes of traffic between pier and airport. (There are tons of cabs waiting, so that won't be a problem.)