Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 22nd, 2002, 10:37 AM
Lenda

Default late dinner?

My boyfriend and I are in our early twenties and we were wondering if the late dinner would be more likely to have the younger crowd? I'm guessing that the earlier dinner would have a lot of families with children? Which dinner would you suggest?
Sponsored Links
Old October 22nd, 2002, 11:16 AM
shannonf

Default Re: late dinner?

My boyfriend and I are also in our 20's and picked the later dinner. There seemed to be a nice mix of young and older couples. I really didn't see many children. We picked the later dining because we wanted to have time to get ready for dinner and relax after being on the islands all day.

Shannon
Old October 22nd, 2002, 11:16 AM
jess98ac

I have done both...early at age 21 because we didn't have a choice, and late at 23...I'm now 26 and MUCH prefer late. I like being able to go back to my room and relax and even nap before dinner, but I don't want to miss a minute of sun or port time. Carnival does their shows twice a night so that both dinner seatings can enjoy them. If you're into late night buffet eating, I would suggest early seating because with late you're not hungry by the midnight buffets!!
Old October 22nd, 2002, 11:43 AM
Admiral

I agree, I'm 25 and my fiance is 27. We always choose late seating. The early seating tends to be full of families and seniors. You'll find more people your age at late seating.

It's true, though, that you won't be hungry for the midnight buffet. But you won't miss any of the shows or activities.

Cheers,
Michelle B.

Fantasy Fest in Key West

Old October 22nd, 2002, 11:53 AM
northof69

Also depends on when you are cruising. If you are cruising in the next month or so, there won't be as many families in general. However, I would still suggest the the late seating. And it doesn't matter if you miss the midnight buffet. There is always 24hr room service!!!!
Old October 22nd, 2002, 12:18 PM
Admiral

We used to do late but switched to early. More than likely you will not be seated with a family anyway. By eating early we can retire to the room for a cocktail and nap before getting to the show before the late dinner seating crowd exits. This way we get good seats for the show, and if we choose not to do the show we don't have any trouble getting a seat at a blackjack table while half the ship is at dinner.

Regards,
Thomas
Old October 22nd, 2002, 12:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: late dinner?

We just went on the Ecstasy and had the late seating. We liked it because we could relax, or take a nap before dinner. Don't worry about getting seated with a family. I did not see any kids at the late seating.