Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2002, 01:24 PM
Passenger

Default Soda and Juice

We are going to be on the Pride, leaving 11/30/2002. I am wondering if juice and bottled water is free or if they charge. In addition, can you bring your own soda, juice, or bottled water in your suitcase, or is this subject to a charge at check-in? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2002, 01:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Soda and Juice

Tea, coffee, juice, water, lemonaid is free. Do yourself a favor and buy a soda card for the week...can cost around 24 or so bucks....why bother packing soda...take bologna and hot dogs..ahahah some will know what i mean!

Carnival Victory
Old November 7th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Sorry Tami, bottle water is not free: $2.50 to $3.50 per bottle plus gratuity for Evian. Yes, you can bring some with you or buy some at port. I drink sparkling water and bought some at Nassau on the first main street once you are off the pier. Head to the Right as you look at the street. We were there on a Sunday (which I think will be the same for you). There aren't too many stores open, so check out the liquor store or a small convenience store right near it for the water. They will let you bring it back to your cabin but may ask what you have in the bag. Everything is scanned when you re-enter the ship. At. Thomas, there is a drug store at the beginning of Havensight that sells water and a gourmet deli shop with great wines, waters, etc to the Left of Bld. #1. Ask a crew member if necessary. A wine Sommalier told us about the deli shop. Bring your own sport water bottle so you can load it up with ice and your favorite beverage. Iced tea, punch & leomanade are available at the buffet from lunchtime on. Coffee, teas, OJ, Apple Juice are available in the morning.
Old November 8th, 2002, 04:34 PM
SnowWhiteNYC

My boyfriend and I were on the Pride, Western in August. We brought cases of soda as well as bottled water. We also carried on a large cooler. The first afternoon we got a hold of the room steward and asked her for extra ice, showing her the cooler. We were polite she was wonderful. She kept the cooler full of ice, even draining the excess water each day. We carried the cans around the ship, no problem. Saved us a lot of money! Lots of people were jealous - especially when we had Pepsi and Diet Pepsi and the ship only carries Coke products.
Have a great cruise.
Susie