Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2002, 07:16 PM
Beginner

Default Needs opinions on various cruise ships - South Carribean

My husband and I are planning to go on a South Carribean Cruise next
year. Does anyone have opinions on any of these cruise ships/lines?
Here are the ones that we may use.

Carnival: Carnival Destiny and Jubilee
Norwegian: Norwegian Majesty and Norwegian Sky
Princess: Sea Princess
Royal Carribean: Adventure of the Seas and Radiance of the Seas

This will be our first cruise. Does anyone have any opinion on any of
these cruise lines and/or any tips regarding cruising? Any information
is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2002, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Needs opinions on various cruise ships - South Carribean

Hi, Dorinda ...

You will find PLENTY of opinions in the Cruise Reviews section. Take each with some sea salt and pay most attention to those who seem to be closer to your point of view.

Old November 9th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Needs opinions on various cruise ships - South Carri

Hi Dorinda,
Pam has some good advice for picking a cruiseship, here is the link to the review section:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/memreviews/

We will be doing the Southern itinary on Radiance this Feb, so will have more information after that. We did do an RCCL Explorer of the Seas cruise last year and so far it was our favorite cruiseship. If you like lots of activities and entertainment, these ships are wonderful, also great for cruising with friends and families/kids, just so much to do and see onboard!

Just read about all the ships you are interested in and decide where you want to go, I had a tough time deciding between Adventure and Radiance, but the days of the cruise worked out better on Radiance for us, but would still like to see Adventure too :-)

Good luck and may the best ship win! Have Fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 11th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Admiral

Our very first cruise was a Southern Itinerary too, which tends to be very port intensive.
In my opinion the following are facts to consider as you narrow down your choices:

Carnival: Carnival Destiny and Jubilee - Destiny (1995) is younger than Jubilee. Carnival offers something for everyone. Check ship size, cabin size and time in ports.
Norwegian: Norwegian Majesty and Norwegian Sky- not reading the best reviews about NCL as a whole. Skip this one this time. Freestyle cruising- you pay extra for some restaurants and the dress is very casual overall.
Princess: Sea Princess - nice ship with Personal choice option. Great embarkation program. Great entertainment. I have a friend on this ship this week and it is their 2nd. time on the same ship. They really loved it.
Royal Carribean: Adventure of the Seas - there is something for everyone on this HUGE ship- rock wall climbing, ice skating, roller blading, too (Ask yourself will you take advantage of these extra's?) Think that about 3,000 people may be sailing with you. Most say there are very few lines.
and Radiance of the Seas - good overall choice of a newer ship without all of the extra's.

If I were you I would narrow your choices down as follows:
Radiance
Destiny
Sea Princess
Old November 11th, 2002, 02:12 PM
MichelleM

Default Re: Re: Re: Needs opinions on various cruise ships - South C

We have done the southern caribbean twice, on the Fascination in 2001 and on the Destiny in May 2002.

Had a great time on both of those. The Destiny is a great ship, lots to do. Read reviews about the ships on this website.

You will not find any reviews on the Jubilee doing the southern caribbean because it is not starting that route until Sept. We are really interested in that itenirary, it looks just wonderful.
Old November 28th, 2002, 12:01 PM
First Mate

You will not be disappointed with the Carnival Destiny ship. In fact, you will be very happy that you chose this ship and itinerary. My wife and I sailed on the Destiny twice. You can read my first review of this ship at:
http://www.ircruise.com/review_destiny.html

My second review is at http://www.ircruise.com/reviews_2001_02.html

My review of Aruba is at: http://www.ircruise.com/review_aruba.html

George
Ecstasy, Dec. '98
Imagination, Dec. '99
Fascination, Dec. 2000
Destiny, May '01
Destiny, Dec. '01
Victory, next week!