Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 10th, 2002, 08:01 PM
Nick 413

Default $9.95 Charge per day per person on carnival what is it?

Can any one give me some information regarding a charge i heard about. I will sailing on the Carnival Paradise on 11/24 while reading some reviews i noticed people discussing a charge of $9.95 per person per day for Room Service is this correct I tip very well for good service but I would prefer control over how much based on performance.
Sponsored Links
Old November 10th, 2002, 08:37 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: $9.95 Charge per day per person on carnival what is it?

Hi Nick,
I think the $9.95 charge is for the automatic tipping which would include the dining room staff plus your room attandant. If you should order room-service, you just tip the person who brings it a couple of dollars, thats not included in the other tips.

Hope this explains it for you, that would of been an awful lot to tip and not everyone uses room service.

Message Boards Moderator
Old November 10th, 2002, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: $9.95 Charge per day per person on carnival what is

It is as Donna stated however you do have the option to either designate more or less as you see fit. Honestly it makes it much easier doing it this way.

Golden Princess 12/04
Galaxy 1/04
Elation 2/03
Enchantment of the Seas 4/02
Fantasy 11/01
Triumph 4/01
Sensation 4/97
Old November 11th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Admiral

Nick,
What this is is the suggested amount for tips pp per day. This amount will be automatically deducted from your sail & sign card at the end of the cruise. Now you do have the option of changing the amount to any that you wish, up or down, as well as having the option to cancel the entire amount and tip in person, which is what we like to do. Some people prefer not to bother with tips at all and actually like this feature and allow the cruiseline to take care of the formalities for them. The point is, tipping is not required or forced but you have the option of allowing them, (cruiseline), to take care of the amount for you or you can adjust it in any fashion you desire, or take care of it in your own manner.
Jim
Community Staff Leader

Old November 11th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Admiral

The breakdown on the Automatic tipping is as follows: $3.50 per day per person for the Waiter and Cabin Steward, $2.00 for the assistant waiter and $.75 for the alternative dining staff i.e. buffet & grill. As mentioned, you are in total control of this option and can delete it, increase, or decrease it. You may also extend extra or a gratuity to someone special of your choice i.e. maitre de, Camp Carnival youth counselor, spa attendant, etc. Give it a try. You may like not having to worry about carrying the extra cash nor having to remember to prepare an envelope for that someone special.
Bon Voyage
Old November 12th, 2002, 08:59 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: $9.95 Charge per day per person on carnival what is

Hi, On our last cruise in May, we pre paid our tips with our cruise amount. That way it was all taken care of way ahead of time. We were given vouchers in our ship doc's to give out the last night. So we could still give out the envelopes but the vouchers were in the envelopes. We could also at that time add more if we wished to. Saves carrying along more cash too. happy cruising everyone! Char